1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Because :mad: :mad: :mad: is easier than reading.

2. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

That's fine with me. Lowry has plenty in the tank.

3. malakas

malakas Member

the point is not to see what vet min pg we will sign but who we will trade for. This is the question that should interest everyone here.

Apart from hoping for a miracle and resign Josh smith for peanuts.

4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

KJ would be very surprised he become the Rockets God all of a sudden!

5. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

I sincerely doubt that Morey works less hard on the holidays than any other day. The man is always working.

6. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

It's a really weird day when you guys are actually mad that we didn't get Cory Joseph...

I mean, really?

7. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Here is the feeling I am getting...

Harden-35
    Ariza-32
    Howard-30
    Beverley-25
    Jones-25
    Dmo-25
    Brewer-25
    Smith-25
    PG/SG?-18

Of course injuries/foul trouble/match ups will force Capela,Dekker,Johnson,Harrell into some action but this is just the vibe I am getting. Same team as last year with some good young talent developing. The PG/SG is just needs to be a combo guard in that they can create buckets for themselves. Does anyone think that Beverley's deal is pretty much clarifying that he is our starter? Or do you think Beverley knew when he signed his deal that there was a good chance of him coming off the bench?

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I am happy you are not Rockets GM.

9. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

I truly think it's down to Lowry or Lawson..

Morey's likely in talks with both..

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Wait... what?

11. Batman Jones

1. No.
    2. Yes.

12. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Batman Jones, I know we've had our disagreements on the subject of Pat's role. But I want your opinion on it.

Why do you think that Bev chose to stay here knowing he'd be moved to the bench? Or what makes you think that?

Not picking an argument, I just wanna hear you out.

13. jch1911

jch1911 Member

Ordinarily, I would put this in the Random Trade thread. However, since we are discussing a Kyle Lowry acquisition....

3 team trade: Denver, Houston, Toronto
    Denver in: 2016 1st (HOU - top 5 protected) + TOR 2017 1st (top 14 protected) + Kpap (HOU) + Prigs (HOU)
    Kpap is cut to save Denver $$$
    Prigs could be cut or serve as a mentor to rookie PG
    2 1sts for Lawson is not a bad haul

Houston in: Kyle Lowry (TOR)
    Kyle is home / back with a new attitude = Championship :eek:

Toronto in: Ty Lawson (DEN) + Dekker (HOU) + TJones (HOU) + Dorsey (HOU)
    After the playoffs disaster, Toronto prepares for a tear down / rebuild
    Lowry gets moved and replaced by Lawson
    Dekker helps with rebuild
    Tjones provides depth at PF spot (possibly starts)
    Dorsey in for cap purposes.

Insert Jim Carrey "So there's a chance!" meme

14. Batman Jones

I think Pat signed here because he loves it here and he's grateful to the Rockets for being the team that took a chance on him. I don't think he'll definitely be moved to the bench. But if we can upgrade our PG spot with a playmaking PG (Pat averages about 3.5 assists I think) we'll do it and Pat will be happy to play his role on an improved team.

I'm a big Pat Beverley fan. You might have misunderstood me on that point. And I'm okay with him being our starter. But Harden didn't ask for help for nothing. It would be nice if our leading scorer didn't also have to be our only playmaker, especially since assisting typically falls to the PG. Beverley's great in my book but he's not a playmaker. And he knows that.

I don't think starting is important to him. I think he wants to win.

15. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

I know you didn't ask for my opinion, but I agree with Batman Jones. Bev has always been open to any role and he's one of those players who knows he's a dark horse in the league and is really just lucky to be there. Now would he prefer to start? Of course. But Bev is about winning. The teams going after him (Dallas, Sacramento, NYK) aren't close to where we are in that aspect. And the ones that are happen to be very established at the PG position, both starter-wise, and in depth.

16. malakas

malakas Member

denver says no. One very late first and one lottery protected is not enough.

Kings signed Casspi. That means a deal for Collison may very well go down since they have no capspace and no pf.
    Jones for Collison.

17. mercy road

mercy road Member

As I see it Harden generates more PPP off of buckets and assists than any other player in the NBA. No middling PG is going to come close to his productivity. Honestly Westbrook approaches Harden's productivity and Chris Paul falls well short. Harden is just that good.

Every minute that the ball is not in Harden's hands the Rocket's offensive production will decrease. There is absolutely no possible way it will not. Given the information we all know I honestly have no clue what the solution is. None whatsoever.

18. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Sorry. The individual and others just don't grasp we only have the MLE for signings, and it won't get us a decent point guard. So we'll have to trade for one. And apparently we need the MLE for KJ.

Patience for those who have none, please.

19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Agreed. And Bev is going to be great off the bench.

With a couple of moves our PG position could go from being a liability to our greatest strength. If we could pull off Lowry or Lawson, with Bev off the bench, that's a sick combo at the 1.

I'd love to see us add an Anthony Marrow-type guard as well. We need shooters.

20. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Even if we get a PG upgrade I want Beverley to start. A guy like Lawson or Jennings should (in my eyes) come off the bench and be able to run with the second unit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.