1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malakas

malakas Member

if you renounce he's unrestricted.

2. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

So, relatively speaking, Les is asset Uber rich, but cash poor?

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Damn! That's a nice target for Morey. We can use him.

4. Mirri3000

Mirri3000 Member

No, withdrawing the offer to sign LMA removes their rights to him.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

6. malakas

malakas Member

if there's no s+t Philly will pay him mle money for 2-3 years. you can bet on it. Also Utah has capspace.

7. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

what would you guys think about blowing our MLE on cory joseph instead of KJ + smoove/harrell ?

8. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Correct. Relatively speaking at least.

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We could do a hell of a lot worse, in my humble opinion.

Check that, "instead of?" I want it all!

10. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Ok. Just wasn't sure if they could still sign him over the cap if they renounced his restricted rights.

11. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

Morey has a better plan than Corey Joseph..

12. Mkieke

Mkieke Member

PLEASE go after this kid. 23, played with Spurs, i.e. likely developed great work and defensive habits, and is a + 3-PT shooter? PERFECT fit for backup guard. Losing Smoove would be much more palatable if you can acquire Joseph & retain KJ.

13. Niaperzly

Niaperzly Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Sources: Dallas engaging Lakers on sign-and-trade options for free agent Jeremy Lin. Mavs low on space to sign him to market-level deal.</p>&mdash; Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA/status/617825541425623040">July 5, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Pat

Pat Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not meaning to be argumentitive, but I guess a bit of a hot button for me. That whole 'cheap b*stard' thing seems so unsupported. Drexler, Barkley, Pippen (your favorite - I assume :) ) and Howard show a willingness to take risk and put money on the table. I know Drex and Barkely were trades, but neither happens if the player doesn't want to come over. I didn't hear any whining from Les after Pippen* sucked so bad. Don't forget what a risk it was to sign "Locker Room Cancer" Dwightmare Howard coming off an injury season.

I think Les has been nothing but an asset to the team and the city and it bugs me that he is held up as a liability.

Now, where is that line for free tickets?

* Don't be impressed by public opinion and awards. For those of you too young to have experienced, Pippen came over with a reputation as a great defender. That continued as was selected all defensive team his year with the Rockets. For those of us who actually saw him play, it was a huge head scratcher. The guy was at best mediocre. Pippen had already burned bridges here, but I remember him winning that award literally pissing off Rocket fans.
    And as long as we are going old school, anybody else remember Rainbow bread wrappers?

15. NotChandlerParsons

Did the Spurs withdraw the QO because they don't want him, or is it for cap clearing reasons and they will try to resign him as an FA?

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

Nope but I would certainly engage SAS with to do a S&T for KPap and a 2nd rounder for their trouble. They could turn around and cut KPap for no salary cap hit. Of course they would need to complete the trade and cut KPap prior to signing LMA. But they get something out of it and Houston gets a nice young PG without using the MLE.

17. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Dallas please sign Lin already so I can stop being worried about him ending up on the Rockets

1 person likes this.
  18. rocketfan21

rocketfan21 Member

Time to get the ol' Parsons and Jeremy Lin in love with each other Tumblr fired back up.

19. malakas

malakas Member

no. I prefer kj. Besides philly can pay more and offer starting job.

Don't doubt that they will. They tried to get Lin and they also had discussions with Jimmy. They are trying to invest their capspace even if they get denied because they need guards esp young guards to offset their big's development.

20. malakas

malakas Member

lol that means that Lin is leaning towards Philly because of money and starting spot. :grin: LOL

And s-t what? Don't tell me justin anderson!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.