1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smacktle

Smacktle Contributing Member

610 radio just now texted me about Beverley. They are so slow lol!

They need to read Clutchfans.

2. alin86

alin86 Member

Btw, I think Brewer's contract structure will be 8m,7.4m,8m in next 3 years. With 7.5 % decreasing in second year and then 7.5% increasing in third year.

It equals the number 23.4m reported by Marc Stein and can get maximum 2016 cap space.

This is the scenario when LMA doesn't choose us. If he chooses us, we can change Brewer's contract to about 7.2m 7.8m 8.4m to keep salary under the apron this year.

3. Mosdefinite

Mosdefinite New Member

LMA to Houston or im shutting my account down!

4. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Yes. There's no way he's going back to Portland. If he wanted to stay he could have stayed and they would have kept rolo, Matthews and batum. Now he's going to go back to a team without those 3? If he were going to stay he would not have let those 3 go away and replaced them with literally no one. That team would have lillard as a first option and him as second, and no one else. They won't even make the playoffs.

I can believe he favors Spurs but just can't accept the Suns (unless he wants to be number 1). It bugs me that woj and Amick, guys who are normally right, don't give us a chance. Otherwise, I would have more belief that this has been one long con to force Portland to decide between a straight walk to the Spurs or a sign and trade to Houston. I still believe that's possible, and that the recent signings are a tipping for LMA and Portland to decide which way he goes. I think HOU has decided it is too harmful to go under the cap, and this is a "show" that they've moved on so that the cost of the sign and trade is reduced dramatically. I think it's up to Portland now whether LMA walks to Spurs or comes to us at a reasonable price. I think LMA is trying to convince Portland either is acceptable. Notice that HOU can still keep Ariza in sign and trades. And if Portland calls LMa's bluff and lets him walk to SA, at least signing our guys means we kept most of them. One other reason for this line of reasoning - other than us, SA is the clear cut leader. His child is there; his home state is there; no state taxes; a much better team and FO virtually every other team. And they have cap space. If they were his first choice, why isn't the decision made already? I would be absolutely stunned if he chose Phoenix. The only box they really check is he becomes the number 1 option, but no way that team is top 4 with him. Every other box favors HOU or SA. He likes Suns be Tyson can play center? Over Howard? Really? He likes knight/Bledsoe over Harden? Really? He likes a team that didn't make the playoffs over one that got to the western conference with two injured starters? Really? Call me a dreamer but t I think there's a game of chicken being played covering what minimum assets Houston has to give up before Portland will agree to a sign and trade. I think Portland suspects HOu is target and is trying to call LMA's bluff. Hence absolutely No discussions or leaks to anyone about HOU even though common sense makes them at least one of the top 2 destinations. We're only a long shot bc we don't have cap space, and if HOU created cap space they would have made themselves less desirable to LMA and might have been boshed. I think this is about making ourselves available for the sign and trade in case LMA says yes but minimizing the assets. Keep in mind that if LMA wants to do Olshey a solid, he would prefer to give some assets to Portland on the way out. That's Houston, because now that the Spurs have lost splitter, Baynes and Marco, they don't have any assets left to trade.

So call me a dreamer, but I'm putting my bet on LMA in a sign and trade.

I wonder if doc rockets SA guy thinks SA fears the rockets coming in with a sign and trade. Why else would Pop have to see LMA twice? Theyre afraid of someone and its NOT the Suns. They realized they exposed themselves.

2 people like this.
  5. Disciple of RP

Disciple of RP Contributing Member

^^
    [​IMG]

WallofTextSyndrome

1 person likes this.
  6. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1m1 minute ago
    ESPN sources say pitch LaMarcus Aldridge got from Pop today about playing with Duncan AND taking over when Timmy's gone resonated strongly

7. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Chris Broussard ‏@Chris_Broussard 3m3 minutes ago
    Sources: Derrick Williams agrees to 2-year, $10 million deal with Knicks. Player option for second year

8. Rocketsmanhk

Rocketsmanhk Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">ESPN sources say pitch LaMarcus Aldridge got from Pop today about playing with Duncan AND taking over when Timmy's gone resonated strongly</p>&mdash; Marc Stein (@ESPNSteinLine) <a href="https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/617159805191499776">July 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wine and dine, waste everyone's time. Meet with a third of the league. :rolleyes:

10. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

who plays center when Timmy is gone? lol

i mean i still think he goes to the spurs but he doesnt want to play center

11. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

David Aldridge ‏@daldridgetnt 15s15 seconds ago
    The Orlando Magic have reached agreement with restricted free agent forward Tobias Harris, per source.

12. JR

JR Contributing Member

Yes please

13. craguin

craguin Member

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 4m4 minutes ago

ESPN sources say pitch LaMarcus Aldridge got from Pop today about playing with Duncan AND taking over when Timmy's gone resonated strongly

14. J.R.

J.R. Member

$16M for Tobias. :eek:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tobias Harris agreed on a four-year, $64 million deal with Orlando, league sources tell RealGM.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/617160842430291968">July 4, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Shams Charania ‏@ShamsCharania 31s32 seconds ago
    Tobias Harris agreed on a four-year, $64 million deal with Orlando, league sources tell RealGM.

16. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Sorry was typing on iPhone. Will hit return next time. Didn't realize how long it ended up.

17. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

How many years does LMA have left after Timmy retires?

The comparisons too ... he is not Timmy 2.0

18. JR

JR Contributing Member

Yes please

19. PersianRocket

PersianRocket Member

This is possible actually by doing a three team sending Collison and Stuckey (making 4-5 million per year) to Houston and sending Papa, Jones, Prigs, and Dorsey else where. This leaves the MLE wide open. Sign smith for 2 million(no matter what he's getting Detroit money). Sign KJ for the remainder. Boom.

20. GlenDice

GlenDice Member

so far really disappointed. I thought they would upgrade the point guard postion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.