1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

*news

not sure how that happened

2. Rudy_T's_CSF

Rudy_T's_CSF Member

Thanks! Last I saw was the infamous HAM post.

3. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

If the Knicks dont, Cuban will.......just out of spite, especially since their team is falling apart.

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

why are you afraid?

let him go there. only have to play him twice a year and stays away from dallas.

5. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Not good for the Mavs:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Kings will make Wesley Matthews an offer that will be hard to refuse</p>&mdash; Jason Jones (@mr_jasonjones) <a href="https://twitter.com/mr_jasonjones/status/616661134041575424">July 2, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

6. TheresTheDagger

Apparently, he's...

[​IMG]

7. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I'm afraid because our current starting point guard under contract is NICK JOHNSON

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I hope they do. Makes a sign and trade for LMA very easy if he wants to come here. If he doesn't, a SnT would still net us a big trade exception that we could use later.

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

He should though Matthews will probably get shipped out come February depending on Vivek's mood. This is the same owner that thought pressuring the inbound pass would translate successfully from his daughter's YMCA team to the NBA.

10. vstexas09

morey will find a solution. i'm fine with stuckey as a consolation prize. don't doubt that morey will make a move by the deadline.

i think lawson/collison is still a real possibility.

11. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

I feel as if $8 million is about what Bev could potentially get from the Knicks. If so, George Hill is under contract for the next two years for exactly $8 million. The Pacers also just got a ball dominant guard in Monta Ellis and are in need of a power forward. Hill is still important to that team, but I could see the Pacers at least entertaining the idea. If the Rockets could pull off a S&T to send Bev to his new team, the TPE generated could be very useful. Or just involve the Pacers in the 3 team trade.

12. Mattician

Mattician Member

I don't know if the Rockets keeping things quiet is a good or bad thing.

13. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Kings: where people sign high contracts only to be traded to the Rockets or 76ers in a salary dump

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Matthews is a nifty player, but he should NOT get a substantially higher offer than Danny Green, especially coming off that injury.

15. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

if history is an indicator, then Nick Johnson won't face Bev in the playoffs anyways.

16. vstexas09

praying so hard that wes goes to sac town...

i want dallas to get wrecked so badly

17. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

Then I'd update your tagline that says you want Beverley and Stuckey

18. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Great. Now Mavs can only get Lin.

19. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

With both Splitter and Baynes gones from the Spurs then the chances of LMA playing center is going to be really high. Duncan doesnt play a lot of games during the regular season for rest (DNP: OLD) so they will have to go with LMA at the 4 spot unless Diaw decides to play center again which would negate a lot of his strengths at playing the 4 spot.

LMA will still want to be a focal point on offense - the big thing will be is how dedicated is Dwight going to be to winning? I think he is because he will have to take a third role on offense to allow LMA to get his. I doubt LMA comes to Houston to be third fiddle. Dwight is going to have to do a lot of the dirty work on defense.

I think Dwight wouldnt mind doing the dirty work BUT only for the playoffs. I feel Dwights at the point in his career that the regular season isn't that important to him as long as the team makes the playoffs he just wants to play in the playoffs where the games are far more meaningful. He took a backsheet this past season and the team was able to make it to the WCF despite the injuries.

Hard to say but I feel if not playing C matters then SA lost some of its charm with no centers left on the roster outside of Duncan forcing LMA to have to play some minutes at the 5 spot.

20. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

How much do you guys think Bev gets per year?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.