1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aware

Aware Member

That link on Delfino doesn't say much

It says that he was in san antonio last week and will be in houston on the tenth to train with the argentine pan american team.

says that he would love to play with manu on the national team more than in san antonio. also mentions that he will explore his option both from the nba and from europe.

2. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

[​IMG]

3. LandryMegaBeast

yea he fractured his foot in Milwaukee. Sat out basically for 2 seasons with multiple surgeries. loved him on the rockets but he's too old and injury prone to depend on

4. FeaR

FeaR Member

Although i don't want him, no one will depend on him. He will be our own Mike Miller but with all these surgeries i doubt that he can even shoot well ( he was streaky then , imagine now ...)

5. Kalypso

Kalypso Member

FeaR is right in this.

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Agreed. Miller could barely stand up straight, Fino would be hobbling around. Do not want.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't think the Miller comparison is a good or fair one.

First of all, Delfino was never the shooter Miller was. So let's get that out of the way.

But more importantly to whether or not Delfino can still contribute, Miller had back, thumb and wrist injuries. He hobbles because his back is bad. On top of that, he played all 82 games the season before this one and was very effective. This year he was once again plagued by injuries.

Delfino had a broken foot, but there's no reason that he can't still shoot if he has recovered from the surgeries.

8. LandryMegaBeast

but we actually need shooters to come off the bench for us. we shouldn't tie up money in someone who can't play. We already have dorsey, we don't need another bench warmer

9. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

The Mavs didn't win in July, they lost in July. And will lose for the immediate future because they overvalued Parsons.

It's not about winning it's about improving your team. Being smart enough to judge talent and make the right moves that work for your team going forward.

LMA IMO is better than Dwight Howard. Yeah Dwight makes some ESPN blocks and dunks and plays better in the playoffs we he can. But his style of game is predicated on athleticism and at 29 he is already breaking down.

Aldridge is much more like Duncan's. He has a sweet shot can rebound near Dwight's level and while not on the level of Dwight, is a decent rim protector.

They both will take up 35% of the cap next year but LMA is a 23 and 10, shoots 80+ from the ft line, can stretch the floor and has a decent post game. Where as Howard has a poor post game, can't shoot anything away from the rim and is one of the worst free throw shooters in the league.

Not shooting ft's is huge because of the increase in hack-a-howard throughout the playoffs. You just can't use him in some situations. Do you really want to pay 30+ mil to someone he is sitting on the bench in critical situations and worse my not even be suited up.

Howard is already having bad knee problems. If they get worst he won't even be tradeable. LMA is not about winning as much as it is just a smart move if you believe he is a better player than Howard

I personally would even consider trading Howard to clear space for LMA. You could do a deal with the Celtics for some 1st round picks, Marcus Smart and maybe Olynyk. If don't like that then find one u day. That might not be considered winning in July but every move u make should really be about winning in June.

10. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

You'll have to wait to page 5000 next week.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Warriors have lots of interchangeable, multifunctional guys on their bench, not single-skill guys.

Adding a 1-trick pony like Delfino probably isn't going to make a difference.

12. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

You are probably super fun at parties

13. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

Indeed. If you had to cite one example where a free agent seriously changed his tune after a free agent meeting what would it be? Just curious

14. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Let's get us a point guard and a bench scorer and we could be the deepest team in the NBA

15. Rockets_12

Rockets_12 Member

LMA to Houston may not be mentioned because of the belief that we can't acquire him. Morey will lay out his plan and I wouldn't me surprised if we were mentioned more after the meeting.

Also, when in Portland, LMA always asked the FO to bring in an elite center. Remember when they tried to bring in Hibbert? He isn't elite now, but was back then. Expect that to be a factor in where he ends up.

Only reason he's interested in LA, is due to the fact that they can trade for DMC.

16. Mattician

Mattician Member

So Aldridge would go to the Lakers if they get Cousins?

Why wouldn't he want to play with Howard in Houston? Oh, and then there's Harden.

17. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

The more I think about it.... I think he ends up with Rockets. Maybe I'm crazy.

We just make too much sense. Morey will sell the guy so much I don't think he can resist playing with Harden/Dwight.

18. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Because our jerseys suck and make Dwight look not swole

19. Nimo

Nimo Member

or in a couple of days

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

There is no award for winning in July. Its a fake win. The Mavs didn't win... that's the point. They won the popularity & media award. The Rockets were lauded around the league because they missed out on Bosh & let go of Parsons, Lin, & Asik.

My point is to not fall in love with winning the popularity award in July. Often the teams that win this fake award in July (see 2012 Lakers, 2014 Mavs, 2013 Nets, etc.) often lose the REAL AWARDS in May/June when it counts.

I doubt we will see Dwight Howard traded... at least on this contract. In theory it would make sense to move him in some scenarios, but in the real world where Morey made a deal with a snake to get Dwight to Houston, I have a hard time believing they'd pull the trigger and burning those bridges.

Trading someone like Dwight Howard in this type of situation is something only fans think can happen easily. Unless something happens that causes friction, or if it looks like they are on different pages with their plans for his next contract, I think we should just assume Dwight is a cornerstone of the franchise along with Harden.

That's just my opinion but fans will be fans. Its easy to be an armchair GM.

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.