1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

fixed.

2. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Presumably Howard would be shipped out in order to clear space to sign DeAndre. I wouldn't do it though. It sets a bad precedent if we wanna lure big name free agents in the future(*cough* Durant *cough*). Plus Dwight is a better player than DeAndre at the moment. After all, whose team made it to the WCF?

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'd definitely give up Dmo for Bledsoe in a trade, reason being is that we'd have our full MLE to lock in Smith since we wouldn't need to sign Llull or use it on any other point. On top of that, we can nab Scola for vet him to help our PF rotation. Re-sign Bev and Brew with bird rights and we'd be ready to go for a championship run.

Bledsoe and Harden would be a monster back court duo in the league for years to come.

Something like Motiejunas, Dekker + future picks and fillers (Papa, Prigs) for Bledsoe would be a steal.

PG: Bledsoe / Beverley
    SG: Harden / Terry
    SF: Ariza / Brewer
    PF: Smith / Jones / Scola
    C: Howard / Capela

The defense and athleticism between Bledsoe, Howard, Smith, Ariza and Beverley would be amazing.

4. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

That is a solid roster.

5. count_dough-ku

The problem is that team has no inside scoring threat other than Dwight. Now obviously the Warriors just showed you don't need that in order to win a title, but they also have incredible outside shooters and also had one of the luckiest championship runs in the history of sports.

I'd much rather unload T-Jones than D-Mo, although I will concede that the Suns would likely demand D-Mo in any deal for Bledsoe.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The PF spot is fugly from start to finish but the rest of the roster looks good.

7. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

It's safe to say the Rockets are interested in anyone not named Jeremy Lin.

8. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

I was a little early with that is a solid roster. Your right there is no shooters on that team, besides Harden, Bledsoe, and Terry.

9. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

Hahahaha

10. jacoby

jacoby Member

If we strike out on Aldridge, is it realistic that we can swing a Bledsoe trade and still have cap room for Kevin Durant when the cap rises next summer? Bledsoe and Harden are on very undervalued contracts and perhaps Dwight can restructure his deal when he opts out to make a Durant signing possible?

I'm not cap guru, but a Bledsoe, Harden, Durant and Dwight lineup is filthy.

11. count_dough-ku

They didn't have a lot of shooters this past season either. I don't mean guys who put up shots. They had plenty of those. But for a team that shot so many freaking 3's, it's amazing how few reliable outside shooters were on the roster.

Harden, Ariza, Bledsoe, Terry, and even Smith and Bev might be enough. But like I said, that proposed roster has no inside scoring threat. You need someone you can go to in the post when the outside shots aren't falling. This past year, they had that with D-Mo. I would hate to give that up.

12. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Sure, but would all the egos fit? I don't mean ego as a negative, either. These guys are human, they want to play basketball in a way that is fun for them. Will they do what KG/Pierce/Allen did and each sacrifice a lot of touches?

13. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

I know they had didn't have a lot of shooters last season. The rosters the same from this past season except for Bledsoe and Scola. Of course, you would take out DMO. I would of like to see how DMO would in the playoffs against better PFs than he saw in the regular season.

14. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

Thinking about it I really don't see how Harden and Durant can play together at this point in their careers. Harden is the go to guy now and he might not want to share the ball with Durant.

15. basketballholic

Rubio-Harden-Durant-Howard-Love

16. jacoby

jacoby Member

I'm sure the two of them would jump at the opportunity to play together again.

17. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

Can we just let the Rubio to Houston stop. Rubio is not coming here.

18. mmottola26

mmottola26 Member

I guess they would, but they would need to figure out who takes the last of the game.

19. jacoby

jacoby Member

I would think it would work out. Westbrook, Harden and Durant played great together during their run to the Finals, and Westbrook is much more ball-hoggey than Eric Bledsoe is. At this point in his career I wouldn't imagine Dwight having too many problems with the pairing since he only has a couple more years left to win a championship while he's still a main guy, something he's definitely itching for. He doesn't need the ball when Durant, Harden and Bledsoe are on the perimeter and I think he's perfectly okay with that.

20. ksny15

ksny15 Member

This. I thought they were like BFFs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.