1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delishman

delishman Member

This post is not about basketball.

2. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

:cool:

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Thank you cyber I know you will be busy today but please continue to bless us with what you can all day long please? And in your opinion who would fit us better love or Aldridge?

4. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

cyber you got anything on Millsap?

5. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I don't see it either. Aldridge would likely cost too much. And I don't want Love. D-Mo can do a lot of things he can(other than rebound) at a fraction of the price.

6. sabesque

sabesque Member

According his instagram, he's in Hong Kong right now.

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah if you're just not getting excited at the thought of Morey pursuing these guys you are very late to the Rockets party. Should be no shock.

Normally I'd say they actually have a good shot given how well they'd fit in their lineup but the fact that both big markets are wide open for the taking, and the fact that San Antonio is actually available for a star to plug in right away makes me think this is a year where its pretty unlikely.

Can't blame Morey for trying though. The big thing that can happen that will make things interesting though is if Ariza's name gets put out there in trades. If that happens, things will get alot more interesting (and scary from whatever vantage point you are looking through).

8. Disciple2123

Disciple2123 Member

Not a huge fan of Milsap but we could keep Ariza if we wanted Milsap. He won't be nearly as expensive and would still be an upgrade at PF over anyone we have right now.

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Something that is being understated is how hard it is going to be for San Antonio to create max space. They basically have to dump Splitter and renounce Ginobili to have a chance.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Two month tease. ;)

1 person likes this.
  11. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

The frustrating thing is that today is just Draft day. We won't know anything about potential free agents the Rockets could land till July. Today is the appetiser :)

12. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

That was two months ago. And this is now..

:confused::confused::confused:

1 person likes this.
  13. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I will be surprised.

1 person likes this.
  14. t0mdotcom

t0mdotcom Member

Would acquiring the Brendan Haywood contract from the Cavs allow us to keep Ariza in a potential SnT for Aldridge?

15. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

And the Hawks would do this, why?

Hawks want to keep Millsap, and even if Millsap wants to leave, Hawks can find a package much better than the one you offered.

16. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

#cyberfraud :eek::p

17. jakedasnake

jakedasnake Member

I believe Bima said that his contract can not be combined in a trade or something. You can basically trade for a player making 15 mil or less. Could be wrong though.

A part of me thinks Millsap is the guy to get but then again LMA would be close to a perfect fit as well. I just do not know if he wants to be here or not. Millsap or LMA would play well next to Dwight or DMO and vice versa. Then again DMo might be gone if we sign and trade for either Millsap or LMA.

18. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Hawks don't have a choice. If Millsap says he wants Houston then the Hawks will take Clint Capela back happily.

19. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

That's quite possible. It would cost a fair bit though as the Cavs want to use it for themselves to take on more salary. Could cost TJ or the 18th pick....

If you KNOW that Aldridge will come then it would be an interesting way to get it done without moving Ariza.

20. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

Didn't consider the 'can't combine salaries of incoming players for x days rule'.

So it's highly unlikely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.