1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

we will have lee launching threes in no time

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He might even start. Who knows which player will still be with the team come October or how well they'll play. A lot of moves can happen that would fill one spot while leaving a deficit at another.

It's better to have options than to not have them.

3. Beardaholic13

Beardaholic13 Member

Iam...because sometimes his opinions could be those of our teams...and that gets me really worried , when its something so obvious like this.

I did say however that Lee would be a good bench player and if on a cheap contract would be a good add thats is really obvious, but it worries me when for example you trade Dmo and have tjones and lee to back him up, who are basically the exact same player with Tjones being worse at rebounding and playmaking.

You need to be versatile not stagnant

4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think he might be able to fit that role part time, but he doesn't have a clear fit on the court with the Rockets.

I would argue that almost every single post you make is "uncalled for", do everyone a favor and either talk basketball (in a perfect world, intelligently) or move along.

5. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Im really interested to hear basketballoholics take on this, maybe this is due to the fact smith is playing the three next season and rubio and seth curry are manning the point. Also lee will come in handy because i think they are taking terrance _ones out back and giving him the old yeller treatment before the trade deadline. One sec I need to update my sig.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The issue is that the 2nd unit be it Lee and Capela or Lee and Dorsey, would be weak defensively AND have no spacing offensively. It would be a disastrous rotation. Lee only makes sense to the Rockets as a 3rd center because we need our PF's to be able to shoot at least a little bit.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Fixed.

8. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

but we will still be the second seed

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It'll be just like Josh Smith...only significantly fewer of those shots will go in.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I can't look up shooting charts right now but I thought Lee had a very good mid range J?

And even if not, it's hard to imagine what PF we could bring in cheaply as a backup that would be any better spacing the floor. IMO Lee would do at least comparably to Jones if not better.

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

By just like Josh Smith, you must mean nothing like Josh Smith, because he doesn't shoot 3's and is a 53% career shooter.

12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

He is a good midrange shooter. He shots 42% outside 16 feet. He just hasn't figured out that he needs to shoot 3's. The Rockets would fix that in a hurry.

13. Mr. Clutch

I doubt he starts because of defense.

But if it's true that we were looking at Scola, then looking at Lee would also make sense. They provide some offense in the paint and rebounding

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

See I disagree. I'm by no means a Terrence Jones fan, but Lee is incapable of shooting the 3, Jones is just inconsistent at it. Also, Jones is probably better defensively as well meaning the only real advantage Lee has over Jones would be rebounding and in the post.

I think the Rockets would be better off bringing Smith back to backup DMo and focusing on PG. Lee only really fits at center, and we have that spot covered as well.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

David Lee is a career 3% three point shooter, read the comment you are responding to again, it's talking about Lee jacking up 3's.

Lee shooting the 3 would be like "No, no, no, no, damn he missed again" very similar to Smith except Smith occasionally mixes in a "No, no, no, no, YES, he made it!"

16. Mr. Clutch

He's not going to shoot 3's for us, genius.

17. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is getting ridiculous.

People are so brainwashed into thinking the Rockets are incapable of using a player who doesn't shoot a three or fit perfectly into what they term as a "need" for this team.

The Rockets are going to go after players who are talented and can help the team regardless of the position or skill set, as long as it doesn't kill their flexibility.

The Rockets do not live in this imaginary world where you must have a pure position player on the court at all times, and each position must have x/y/z skill set. Just Stop.

18. craguin

craguin Member

[​IMG]

19. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Thanks. That looks pretty bad but he hardly played this year. I imagine it's much better in the previous two seasons.

Either way, in my hypothetical I was talking about bringing him in for cheap - $2-$3 million. I think he'd be worth that.

20. Mr. Clutch

I'm not necessarily a fan of Lee, but I agree with you.

He has skills and is cheap. Why does there need to be a huge bashing of the guy? He is not meant to take anyone's place, just depth and flexibility.

Increasingly in the NBA you need a very deep bench. Relying on a short rotation isn't going to work anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.