1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malakas

malakas Member

His last year is almost all unguaranteed. They want ot trade him but to get some value back. When I say value I mean like an early second or a young player.
    But he gets freak accident, like conccusions during practices and he hasn't been able to get to form. That's why they have kept him and plan to trade him in the next year when he will be at his most value since a team can waive him and get capspace anyway if they don't want him.
    He's going to start in the next season because Parker won't be ready to start until about new year.
    I hope before he goes he teaches the other young forwards his number one speciality. How to take charges. :grin:

2. basketballholic

Going to a team without another superstar means no championships until they get another superstar. Love wants to win, get recognition, get money. Gotta team up with other superstars to do that.

3. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I can't disagree/argue with your opinion but I'd have to think Love must be in denial if he is still seeking alpha-dog status. Sure injuries and fit have made him look not so elite this year but if his time in Minnesota is any indicator (great stats but no post season to show for it).........

4. basketballholic

Can't see him starting in front of Jabari unless Jabari is out injured. And that really isn't starting in front of Jabari.

5. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Why would Love want to come to the West seeing how simple it is out East to get to the finals. My guess is he stays with Cleveland or some team out east.

6. aumate

aumate Member

Love won't leave Cleveland. It's all noise. I think he'll do a Melo. Go meet with all the teams and eventually resign or sign a 1 + 1 then sign for the max when the salary goes up.

7. basketballholic

For the same reason everybody else is coming West. They realize it's a lot easier to play Lebron IN the Finals than to beat Lebron and get to the Finals. Those are facts that ain't changing anytime soon. Cleveland is most likely going to come out of the East for another 3-5 years unless Lebron goes down with injury. Look what he's doing this year with Love gone now and Kyrie severely dinged. They just walked through everybody.

That's not going to change over the next 3-5 years barring significant injuries to Lebron and he's basically Indestructo Man.

8. malakas

malakas Member

Jabroni Porker has an acl. There's no reason to rush a 20 y.o coming from an ACL injury. There's enough bad juju with him coming from the same town and the same high school and being best friends with Rose. Better be safe than sorry.
    Right now he only plays pick up games. He won't play in summer league. There's no way Parker stars in Octomber.
    If he does it will be the most irresponsible thing the new managment has done.
    And so far they seem to be pretty wise.

9. basketballholic

You're projecting this is why they're retaining Ilyasova???

Don't see it. They didn't think enough of Ilyasova to give him regular rotation minutes when Parker is/was healthy.

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

Rockets offseason. Cyberx thread. BBHolic. Life is a flat circle.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Well I agree. If I was Love there's no way in hell I would leave Lebron. But who knows what's going on behind closed doors. Perhaps Lebron wants the other players to worship him :grin:

But it certainly doesn't make sense. That's why I asked cyber.
    The only sense is to go to a team and make it HIS team. A team that won't be in the cold arctic weather of Minny and in such a small market. At least in Boston, he has the historic franchise behind his back and a huge fanbase.
    But Ainge would make clear that sooner or later he will trade for more stars.

12. basketballholic

Add in sabesque and the circle has a straight cliff downwards at its edges.

1 person likes this.
  13. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

My story is far from over.

14. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

It's not likely you're going to find someone as good as Ariza for as cheap as he's being paid compared to someone like Love who wants and isn't worth the max.

15. malakas

malakas Member

Ohno. If they got a good trade during last february like they wanted they would package him with Henson and trade him away. But they didn't get a good enough.
    As far as we know from leaks the other teams only gave minuscule assets.
    But right now if they keep him, they can use him. In the meantime raise his value and find a good trade.
    So for now he is of use. Hope to get a good trade until that time comes he will start until new year or so.

You don't trade your assets when they don't have good value. They want something good for him. Supposedly after all he's only 27 and a strech four that everyone needs/wants.

16. malakas

malakas Member

I must be the only Bucks fan that I'm getting sick of this ad.
    And now Okafor and his dad got one and he hasn't even been drafted yet.
    What's up with Dukies?

17. basketballholic

If all else fails we'll give you Kostas and Dorsey. Deal?

18. malakas

malakas Member

No. Don't have enough roster spots. Plus more than half the roster is made of forwards and the new rookie is going to be most likely a forward.

Soon the starting five will be all forwards and MCW.

I really like Kostas, but the team won't want him.
    They would prefer to package all the assets like : Ennis ,17th pick, Henson, Ily, Clippers 2017 first, multiple seconds, to get a center. Even a good backup center like Zaza. Whatever to find a good young center.

But personally I would give Ily for a middle second and draft Hernagomez.

19. basketballholic

A good center???

So you'd give up that for Capela or DMo?

20. malakas

malakas Member

all for DMO not all for Capela.
    I think the team would agree.

Don't ask other Bucks fans, they don't follow the Rockets as I do and DMO is still not well known outside of Houston fans. However Hammond and Kidd should know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.