1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I will definitely start checking him out haven't yet to be honest. But if we snag Winslow and sign love what would are lineup look like next year? Winslow is also from Houston.

2. Play07

Play07 Member

Rookie yr shumpert & cav playoff shumpert

3. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

Wouldn't give up Ariza for Love.

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

I would substitute TJ for DMo in that trade, then pull the trigger in a heartbeat.

The Rockets would become a living Tarantino movie: The Magnificent 15, all out to avenge their perceived slights and remake their sullied reputations. The billboards practically create themselves -- our starting five, all in grungy old-west gear.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Isaiah Thomas may have an assistant GM opening for you with the NY Liberty. You sound like his kind of out-of-the-box thinker! :grin:

6. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

DraftExpress here I come! Seriously, I hope Morey goes for something like this. We just obviously need that initial interest from one of the big free agents to get the wheels in motion.

7. basketballholic

Winslow may not start initially since he's so young. So, you'd probably have to go after another free agent swingman to start.

Maybe an Alonzo Gee (who very quietly started looking decent from 3 last this season) or perhaps a Luc Mbah A Moute (ace defender who shoots a crappy 3 ball), or perhaps Tayshaun Prince (old as Methuselah but still very cagey defensively in half-court and a vet 3-point shooter), or perhaps even a guy I really like in Alan Anderson (a vet who can both defend and shoot the 3 and may possibly be had for a portion of the MLE).

Maybe even go after a guy like Gerald Green for the minimum and ask him to dig defensively for you dangling a bigger payday for him if he performs on the defensive end. Green's got all sorts of defensive potential. Just has to get his head screwed on right.

Maybe see if Wes Matthews or Aron Afflalo would come for the MLE? That would be great.

As far as PG goes.....there's plenty of options for upgrades at the point. You'll still have salaried assets plus future picks to trade for a quality point if you want to go the trade route. Or.....pick through Europe and find an American kid like Alex Renfroe, who just broke out and obviously would relish a chance to get to the NBA. (Check that kid out.)

I think Malcolm Delaney may be a free agent as well and looking for his shot. He's a proven Euro PG.

Not to mention the possibility of Llull.

Finding playmaking point guards is very, very, very easy. They coat the planet. Finding bigger playmaking defenders who can shoot...not so easy.

#35867 basketballholic, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015
  8. malakas

malakas Member

thank you cyber.
    So there is some substance to what that Windhorst has been saying.

If Love leaves a team that has an almost free way to the finals every year in the near future, and has the most unselfish superstar in Lebron, why do people here think that he will want to sign in Houston?
    He will want to go to a team that he is the number one option, not the no.2 or 3 behind Harden and maybe Howard.
    Doesn't make ANY sense to leave the Cavs for Houston.

9. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

It's easier to get a PF who doesn't play defense and can shoot and rebound than it is a wing player who can defend and shoot as well as Ariza.

10. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

At least in Houston there is McHale and Brewer...the two guys Love was closest to in Minny.

Love is tough to figure out. I am not sure what his main goals are (other than being paid). I think one of his main goals is success AND having a clearly defined role on the team, in which he is more part of the action.

To me, in Houston, having a Harden/Love PNR at the high post and Dwight hiding on the baseline would be devastating. Though in that case, would DH feel marginalized?

11. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

That statement is utterly r****ded.

It is most certainly NOT easier to get a Kevin Love than a Trevor Ariza.

12. malakas

malakas Member

I think his best friend was Rubio. I am not sure becaue I didn't see any reason to watch Minny closely butsome Minny fans said it I believe. And he still left.

And he had a clear defined role in Cleaveland. The third feedle. He didn't like it and he didn't accept it.
    Because he didn't conform to it doesn't mean they didn't give him a role.

I can't find any reason for Love to leave the Cavs to go sign with Houston of all the places...and Machale isn't a good enough reason. You don't leave that $ on the table because you are comfortable with the coach.

13. PigMiller

PigMiller Member

What happened to Plowman?

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Other than playing for a coach he likes and a GM who's chased him for years and playing with (very talented) buddy Harden and ex-teammate Brewer AND getting away from the LeBron posse with whom he doesn't mesh at all (insert pic of LBJ's inner circle at Cleveland HERE), yeah, it makes no sense.

I like your posts on the forum, but I disagree with this one.

15. The Stig

The Stig Member

Love is going to the Lakers. Hometown and they can throw a max at him. Westbrook joins later and Durant comes to Houston or DC. Just my predictions.

16. malakas

malakas Member

That's no serious reason. He's leaving a team that is going to the FINALS every year in the near future.
    He's leaving BOTH MONEY AND POTENTIAL RINGS.
    For a Coach and a GM? Brewer could be out of the door anytime if a team offers him a good contract. The Coach won't make Love the no.1 option that will still be Harden.
    And even if I am one of Harden biggest fans, he is no comparison to what Lebron does. Lebron is much more unselfish than Harden.

17. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I don't think Love "wanting" to leave Cleveland is because he wants to be the man. It's more due to the fact that he's relegated to 3rd fiddle status after LeBron and Irving. I highly suspect that he would be happy being the 2nd banana.

1 person likes this.
  18. basketballholic

malakas,

since you're the local Milwaukee expert, can you expound on what the Bucks are planning for Ilyasova. He seems to have no real value to them. He's going to be basically an expiring contract this coming season. (They're for sure not going to pay him $8.3 million in 2016.) And he really has no specified role there with Parker and Alphabet man at the forward spots.

Why didn't they trade him at the deadline?

What is it that they are holding on to him for in hopes of getting for him?

19. malakas

malakas Member

That Love would leave in the first place is perplexing.
    It can only be explained by clashing of egos. He wants to be the MAN. He cant be the man in a team with Lebron.
    But he can't be a man with a team with Harden either.

That's why IF he leaves imo he will only go to a team without any other superstar.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

^ That's why I thought Boston might be a likely landing spot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.