1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Driving Houston freeways and roads, and posting / reading Internet commentaries will drain you of all faith in humanity. Quickly.

Cyberx, don't disappear on us because of the Short Bus crowd.

2. sabesque

sabesque Member

Fixed the above

That comment just shows there's not an intelligence gate to get on this site. Can't understand how someone would expect 100% of the things discussed to happen 100% of the time. Or why someone would want to only hear stuff that is guaranteed to happen.

The stuff that doesn't happen can be just as interesting as the stuff that does. Gives us insight into teams' strategies. Gives context for things that might come in the future.

IMO that is much more valuable than finding out news five minutes before everyone else does.

3. Madano

Madano Contributing Member

I simply mentioned that I believed CyberX was legit and I got left this rep:

I'm not sure if I would put up with all that crap Cyber, but i appreciate that you do.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

and we keep telling you guys that you dont have to believe what is posted, leave others to believe what they want.

If you dont believe them or think them full of crap, just MOVE THE HELL ON. We get more irritated at you guys posting to tell everyone how dumb they are for believing the guys that claim to have information. Let history judge them, it is not necessary for you to do so.

Jesus, its like dealing with children around here these days :rolleyes:

5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I have a feeling it feels like that because it's true. I'd be very surprised if some of our more annoying posters are even older than 20. You can almost FEEL the teenage angst melting off the walls in this place!

6. Nick_713

Nick_713 Member

I certainly appreciate the knowledge CyberX provided us. It's always good to get info from legit insiders.

7. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'd like some clarity here Rockets2k. (being serious, not trying to be a smartass)

Would you point to a post that was made to Cyber about that trade (not the rep obviously as that an attack and if it were in a thread would probably get a poster banned) that you consider out of line?

Or are you just saying in general that we are not allowed to make any comments about anything Cyber posts accept to say thank you? If that is the rule, I'm happy to follow it, I just want clarity. I don't want to lose my posting privileges on this site because I annoyed your or clutch by discussing something that a poster says.

8. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't remember that part...He just mentioned they were starting talks and then he came back fairly quickly to say it didn't really go anywhere, in other words, nuggets weren't that interested.

And I'm pretty sure cyber said he was done for that day, not that he was done, period. He's been saying how crazy it's been at his his job bc of the deadline, so it looks like he had work to do the rest if the day and that's why he was leaving.

9. justtxyank

Cyber's Post

Bolding added.

10. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Cyberx -

-First of all. Please don't take any criticism from the long time posters (who aren't cowards sending dumb IM's to you) about the trades as criticism to you. I think I speak for alot of us that we realize YOU aren't making the trade, and we understand the filter for which you are hearing these trade rumors. Sometimes it just blows us away at what some teams and GM's are able to get away with proposing and sometimes dealing while it seems like the asking price for a team like Houston is much higher above market value.

Secondly-

Alot of rumors from folks on here are flying around about the Brooklyn situation and buyouts.... namely regarding Deron Williams.

Knowing the franchise sale is looming, are you hearing serious talk about a buyout of a Stretch Provision waiving, and how does that impact the sale of the team (specifically the stretch provision).

It seems as though most of your contacts are coming from the West teams so not sure what you know about what's going on in New York, but I find what's going on right now with Brooklyn pretty fascinating. Also do you know anything about potential buyers?

Although Deron Williams, Brook Lopez, and J. Johnson aren't really premier players anymore, if one or more of them are somehow waived, stretched, or bought out and go to a contending team, it would really re-shape the balance if a team was able to steal one of them afterwards.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

The way the Jumer wrote his comment it sounds like they were interested in that offer. The post you linked to sounds like they were intrigued by Hill being offered. Different things, IMO.

12. justtxyank

OK. I don't want to argue semantics and get a mob let loose on me.

13. gifford1967

gifford1967 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Here's the deal- Cyberx is a confirmed insider. Cyberx is doing the Clutchfans community a favor by posting here. It's not too much to ask that people take a little bit of extra care not to insult him. This does not mean people should refrain from analyzing the information he provides, but implying that he's stupid, lying, a Lakers fan, etc is really a douche bag move. I don't care if he's sensitive, his info adds about a million times more value to this bbs than the contributions of his antagonists.

14. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

not an insider, but if we somehow manage to get Williams.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

Has there been any legit talk of William being bought out? Link?

I mean, that's taken on a life of it's own here thanks to Jopatholic.

16. hooroo

hooroo Member

johnson, capela, and pap are all trade assets that can be used on draft day.

17. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I wish there was.
    The only thing I heard was from BB

18. CertifiedTroll

Can we put it in DWills contract that no money is guaranteed unless he runs a good 30 minutes of wind sprints a day, and keeps his calorie intake under a certain limit?

19. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Not sure, but probably.

Just wanted to post a picture of the TV show, Zack and Cody.

1 person likes this.
  20. justtxyank

No. The only person who has hinted at it at all is Jopatholic who "hears things."

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.