1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I like Burke I think he could be a very good PG. Having a Burke\Bev combo is a lot better than what we have now. If he would come CHEAP I would be all over that

2. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Rockets?src=hash">#Rockets</a> Trevor Ariza brushed off possible trade talks for Goran Dragic. He said rumors always happen but they can't worry about them.</p>&mdash; James Starks (@JamesStarksKPRC) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesStarksKPRC/status/568175563497566208">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kevin McHale didn't say much about the Dragic trade other than &quot;Tomorrow I think we'll be the same team we are 2day.&quot; <a href="http://t.co/g6apU207wI">pic.twitter.com/g6apU207wI</a></p>&mdash; James Starks (@JamesStarksKPRC) <a href="https://twitter.com/JamesStarksKPRC/status/568176244656721920">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Kostas Papanikolau playing role of on-court reporter while Donatas Motiejunas shoots free throws. <a href="http://t.co/I9pcABHOYD">pic.twitter.com/I9pcABHOYD</a></p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/568178968727130114">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

3. malakas

malakas Member

has Bev qualified for the starter bonus yet? If not..there you go.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Agreed, but I doubt Bev and his agent think that.

5. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Very underrated point many are not taking into consideration.

6. Cygnus33

Cygnus33 Rookie

He has.

7. malakas

malakas Member

probably for a ny 2nd and Kpap
    His defence is AWFUL his shooting is HORRIFIC and his playmaking is questionable.

8. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Donatas really running his damn joke into the ground. I like his style.

9. NotChandlerParsons

Well, I'm sold.

10. Fullcourt

McHale's comments yet another sign that this isn't happening. Really wish Morey is playing the game behind the scenes and can surprise us, but every indication so far is that we are not doing anything significant.

11. Airdough

Airdough Member

Very true. Dragic could be in a Max demanding position with the Rockets right now if he had just taken the offer we made to Lin. He wasn't willing to bet on himself back then but now all of a sudden views himself as a franchise cornerstone piece. He's talented but as the Garth Brooks song goes, sometimes you got to thank God for unanswered prayers.

Maybe our unanswered prayer will be in form of another player or two who are a better fit now and for the future.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

In 2016-17, a 4yr max deal could be worth 120M

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

What's Mchale suppose to say? "Some of these guys will be gone tomorrow. Hey guys, lets gets ready to practice, give it all you got!"

1 person likes this.
  14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I probably wouldn't read to much into his comment.

15. malakas

malakas Member

I hope Burke turns out well. Wish the best to the kid.
    thanx cygnus.
    Then it's for the next contract solely. When someone gets demoted and loses his starting job surely doesn't bode well for his future earnings.

I think bev could go for 8 mil per btw. And I think there will be a couple teams interested..but first will have to see how the craziness of the big markets affects the most sexier names FAs. I think this summer and next it will be insane.

16. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Story on Ty Lawson's unexcused absence from today's practice <a href="http://t.co/LchAQJ4U4Z">http://t.co/LchAQJ4U4Z</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Nuggets?src=hash">#Nuggets</a></p>&mdash; Chris Dempsey (@dempseypost) <a href="https://twitter.com/dempseypost/status/568180911801372672">February 18, 2015</a></blockquote>

Nuggets guard Ty Lawson was a no-show to Wednesday's practice, the team's first after the longest all-star break in NBA history.

Lawson was coming from Las Vegas, where the day before he posted a picture of himself on Facebook. Nuggets coach Brian Shaw was not happy with the unexcused absence.

"We had a week off or nine days between games, and you expect everybody to be here," Shaw said. "It disrupts the planning of everything, in terms of you count on somebody in practice. But he's not here so we had to go without him."

Lawson failing to show is the latest in a string of incidents that have upset management in the past two years. He had a domestic incident in the summer of 2013, a case that was eventually dropped. He missed a team breakfast meeting late last season and was held out of the starting lineup. In January he was arrested on suspicion of DUI.

Lawson is the Nuggets best player, their most productive player, but he has trouble throughout his career staying on the right track. Shaw didn't know Lawson wasn't in the building until the players reported to the practice court and Lawson failed to show. He had not contacted the team telling them he would be a no-show.

"When we had the coaches meetings this morning, all of the other guys came in and did their shooting," Shaw said. "And we (the coaches) came up right at the start of practice at 11 o'clock and that was the first that I noticed that he wasn't there."

It's not clear if Lawson will be punished.

"I know that there's things that happen," Shaw said. "Guys went all different directions after the last game, against (the L.A. Lakers). ... I don't know what the issues are, the travel issues. I haven't talked to anybody on that subject yet.

"But you don't want wait to the last minute. I suggested to the guys that everybody try and get back in town (Tuesday), so if there were any cancellations or postponements or delayed flights that you still had time to get in."

17. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

oh man good point.

18. bgp10626

bgp10626 Member

I think we should try to talk about MCW. hes been in league for 1 year and has potential, he can pass, score and def is avg. but he can learn how to play that.

19. Fullcourt

I could see him just being non-committal. I don't necessarily think he's telling the truth, it's just another tally for the signs that we aren't doing something significant, while there are very little signs pointing to the opposite.

20. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

It cuts both ways - he would be scrutinized pretty heavily if he doesn't deliver at least the playoffs to either franchise....but I guess at 29 as a basketball player, your just trying to take the money and run regardless of why someone is giving it to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.