1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raining threes

Thanks guys

2. mario_v

mario_v Member

Has plowman said anything lately?

3. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

Lin ' s NY PER (19.9) was for a total of 35 games.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Dragic was decent early, but took off after Bledsoe went down, and then Phoenix kept him at pg when Bledsoe came back.

5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Is he a legit insider? I know recognize his cfname but didn't know he was an insider

6. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Can you guys stop using PER as some sort of benchmark.

Its like the worst one to use.

7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Why are we talking about players we aren't able to acquire. Guys, we don't have enough to get Love, Rondo, Dragic, or Bledsoe. If you disagree, then you are delusional and don't know how NBA gms work.
    Talk about someone more realistic, like Marion or Brooks.

8. Nook

Nook Member

Dragic's usage and most of his production was not like his previous year. He was setting himself up more than usual, relying off of PNR and driving to the basket.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Agreed. To me the guy to be targeting is Nene. If he becomes available I'd get all over it.

10. AndySwanny

AndySwanny Member

Love Nene. Probably my favorite NBA player to watch, but that is a HUGE injury risk. (Which might also be why we could get him)

11. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

The whole Dragic thing wasn't really started by idle fan speculation though.

As for Marion, can't see Morey contacting Fegan for some reason.

12. SS0101

SS0101 Member

Let's all ask zoplicone our questions...he knows how NBA GMs work...

13. mario_v

mario_v Member

He doesn't claim to be an insider, but he says he gets info from a close friend who's in the know.

There was another member who vouched for plowman.

14. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Yes, you said it in far fewer words than I did.

PER isn't much of a yardstick when measuring players. Unless, of course, it's, like, tooooooooooooootally low.

15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

We'll I will give you a pass for being ignorant since you joined after the Harden trade.

Dragic situation is the same as Harden's except PHX has a viable replacement with Bledsoe.

16. dje243

dje243 Member

Exactly. Dragic is expendable for them. And I think they Bledsoe as having more upside.

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

There are maybe 3 teams in the league that have 1) a need at PG and 2) have significant assets to trade. Houston is one of them.

And don't forget......Dragic is on a one year contract, and he is NOT in the same class as Love/Melo/etc. His bird rights probably don't mean a lot (other than that you could resign him above the cap), because he's unlikely to get a 5 year contract or a max salary (around $20 million for him next year).

I really like Dragic. He would be a great fit, and as opposed to Parsons contract, he would keep our options open.

As for what it would take to get him.......I don't know. TJones is a great fit for their team (and no.....his game is NOTHING like the Morris twins. We need to stop comparing them). Could we hold onto the NOP pick and trade for Dragic? Perhaps. It would take a 3 team deal, similar to below:

Houston In: Dragic
    Houston Out: TJones, Beverley, Rights to Capela

PHX In: TJones, Rights to Capela, Asset from 3rd team
    PHX Out: Dragic

3rd team In: Beverley
    3rd team Out: Asset

18. basketballholic

That's more along the lines of what I would like to see. Keep the Pelies pick unless we are trading for Kevin Love, LaMarcus Aldridge, or some other legit superstar at either the PF or SF position.

19. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

I can't imagine the Suns paying $$$ for Bledsoe & Thomas this year, then paying $$$ for Dragic next year, especially when they just used a 1st round pick on a PG. So if you're the Rockets, you're really talking about how much you would have to give up for 1 year of Dragic.

To me, you're talking about Capela, Nick Johnson, the New Orleans 1st round pick, and a 2nd round pick. If we give up Jones, we only have 1 legit PF on our roster.

20. cyberx

cyberx Member

The teams I would say ahead of the Rockets now with the changes have to be - SAS, Portland, Clippers, GSW, Dallas, OK, Memphis?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.