1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]

6 people like this.
  2. Progs

Progs Member

Mo Williams is coming. :p

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I really don't see Chicago moving Jimmy Butler. He gambled and won to eventually get a market value of a max contract. My assumption is the Bulls will pay that. Though in the past the Bulls have been known to be cheap, I haven't seen any evidence they are worried about paying Butler the max.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Mo Williams for Shved? sure. :)

5. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

6. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

7. finsraider

finsraider Member

I think there's a reasonably high chance that one of Llull/Johnson/Canaan become a starting quality player within the next few years, so I'm less inclined to spend a significant asset on a point guard unless it's a sure thing.

If Dragic commits to resigning and we can agree on a reasonable range for his compensation, then I'm fine with sending the NOP pick out for him. If he continues this "i'll look at everybody" stuff then I wouldn't be interested.

8. RMGEEGEE

RMGEEGEE Contributing Member

Man I forgot about Llul... Love playing with him on 2K.

If this thread reaches 1,500 pages, I'll donate $20 to the tipjar.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

It's not "useless" at all. You get a young, talented player on a cheap contract for at least 5 years (4 contract years plus qualifying offer). It's the best value out there short of a star player or high quality big.

10. alethios

alethios Member

He probably means that our track record is not stellar for mid-teens picks. Exception being Jones and possibly PPat.

11. finsraider

finsraider Member

Really hard to tell with Lawson. He's definitely a Moreyball guy on the offensive end, and you could just as easily view his 3 remaining contract years as an asset instead of a liability. I think if we got him for the NOP pick and expirings I'd be happy.

I'm a firm no on Deron. Too much salary and too much unknown. I don't see him waiving that player option either. Brewer waived his because he can probably get a similar salary in free agency and thought the risk of injury was worth being in a better situation. Deron is already injured, and there's no way he can get $20 million a year on the market. It would be like asking Amare to waive a PO a few years ago.........not gonna happen.

The question to me is do you trade for Dragic with the NOP 1st or Mo Williams with the DEN 2nd? It's not as obvious as it seems.

If Stauskas is really available, I'd love to get my hands on him. Kid is in the wrong organization to develop.

12. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

I've been asleep on this one; what's up with him?

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

No for me as well on Deron.

I am fine with Lawson for the NOP pick. No problem with his salary.

I would move the NOP pick for Dragic. If the Rockets make this move, knowing Dragic will be a UFA and there will be a market for his services, the Rockets have to be willing to pay market price. (which would be more than Lawson BTW).

Mo Williams...more of a stop gap. I would move Shved for him. But not so sure on the NYK 2nd rounder. I would rather just give Canaan those minutes.

I am hoping Morey can make a move that is more than just a stop gap measure.

14. finsraider

finsraider Member

Fun fact.......75% of the players drafted by Morey are still in the league. I imagine that's a pretty high batting average compared to other GMs. He hasn't been able to find a star, but he's done a great job at finding NBA quality players.

In The League
    Steve Novak
    Aaron Brooks
    Carl Landry
    Joey Dorsey
    Chase Budinger
    Patrick Patterson
    Marcus Morris
    Chandler Parsons
    Jeremy Lamb
    Terrence Jones
    Donatas Motiejunas
    Furkan Aldemir
    Isaiah Canaan
    Clint Capela
    Nick Johnson

The Exceptions
    Sergio Llull - Will probably come over this summer
    Brady Newley - Drafted at the end of the 2nd round
    Maarty Leunen - Drafted at the end of the 2nd round
    Jermaine Taylor - Drafted at the beginning of the 2nd round
    Royce White - Ugh

The only first round pick Morey has missed on is Royce White, and that had nothing to do with talent.

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

DMo not drafted by us, and Dorsey only because Morey signed him when no other GM in their right mind would.

DD

16. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Under that line of thinking, add in mirotic as another Morey steal!

1 person likes this.
  17. alethios

alethios Member

Only 5 out of those are mid-teens picks, but yeah if you include all the draftees, he has a good batting average.

18. NotChandlerParsons

This is a league where teams take guys like Kwame Brown and Anthony Bennett 1st overall. Morey's draft track record IS stellar.

19. finsraider

finsraider Member

Shved and Brewer can't be traded to Minnesota since they were traded from them in the Love deal. It would probably be something like Papa for Williams.

I don't think Morey is looking at a stop gap either, but it's there as a default.

I would trade almost anything for Mirotic or Love. NOP 1st, DMo, NYK 2nd, etc. My hope is that the Bulls are willing to part Mirotic in order to shore themselves up at wing (doubt it).

I feel like it's going to be a busy trade deadline, but I really have no idea who is and isn't available. It seems like its never the obvious guys, so maybe we should be watching Bosh or Carmelo.

20. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Ben McLemore is playing very well, that's all. I don't know that Stauskus is actually available, but it's the Kings so who knows what they'll do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.