1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cyberx, paging cyberx ....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChumpCity

ChumpCity Member

So, this long-time poster, who decides to share some inside information that he believes to be true with us deserves a lifetime ban if said information is does not?

Listen here, asshat.....

1. He doesn't claim to be an insider. Just passed on some info he thinks is legit (which most of us appreciate).

2. Realize that things are discussed all the time- people change their minds, scenarios change, etc. Chris Bosh was a perfect example. To reiterate-- THINGS CHANGE.

3. These guys bring good conversation to the boards. You, and others like you, bring nothing to the boards. Here's some advice, sit down, shut-up, and just appreciate that these guys are sharing any info with us.

It's morons like you that drove Doc Rocket away from CF....and if you don't stop, we will wind up with no insiders. Then we will have to listen to your moronic trade ideas and non-sensical drivel all the time.

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

3. Asian Sensation

We should offer a similar contract to Bledsoe as what parsons got.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Exactly. I wonder if players like Jason Smith and Jermaine O'Neil turned down the Rockets too. Dorsey is not reliable at all.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

We dont have 15 mil in cap space. We can get to 12ish but even with all the trade kickers, player options, etc. you put in the contract, its still a pretty good deal for a team getting Bledsoe at 12 mil per.

At the end of the day Bledsoe would be a 15 mil a year player getting paid 12 mil per. Parsons is a 10 mil a year player getting paid 15.

6. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

repped. the way he types the message. IT is happening is a copy paste from drew

7. aelliott

aelliott Contributing Member

No we couldn't. Free agents count against the cap so you can't do that very thing. Dragic would eat up any cap space we had so we wouldn't be under the cap. The only way to get rid of that cap hold would be to renounce our rights to Dragic.

The reason that were were able to do that with Parsons is that his salary was so low that his cap hold was low enough that even with it counting against our cap we still had enough cap space left over to sign Bosh. We'd have to have a ton of cap space to be able to pull off the same scenario with Dragic's $8m+ salary.

Does that make sense?

1 person likes this.
  8. try

try Member

Very unlikely. His cap hold which counts against the cap unless you renounce his rights will be $11.25 million if he opts out next summer (salary * 150%). With the money commited to Howard, Harden and Ariza plus his cap hold and empty roster charges, that would already fill over $62 million in cap room. With the salary cap being at $63.065 million now, you can figure out it wouldn't work despite a probable rise.

1 person likes this.
  9. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

"The Return of the Dragon" how cool would that be. I hate getting caught up in stuff like this, especially how it all started out for us. But getting Gogi will make up for any loses we had so far.

10. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

other than what's up on YouTube have you seen him play since his rookie season? if not why don't you reserve judgement until we actually see him play. lot posters here with pent up negativity because of what has happened so far this offseason.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Drew is good people, he's not trolling. He shares what he hears and that doesn't necessarily mean it pans out.

Hey Phoenix suns officials if you are reading this, traveler is soooo right and you should send us dragic straight up for the trade exception , complete steal for y'all.

12. dobro1229

No mention of reliability with health though? Both of those guys, as good as they are, can barely run up & down the floor.

I'm not a Dorsey OF, but the guy is getting a bad wrap due to his previous Rockets campaign.

The guy has been a completely different player & has matured greatly since going overseas. Its a pretty low risk gamble as well at the league minimum. Not sure why people have such a big problem with it?

13. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

PG is not our biggest problem. I like Bledsoe, but his injury history is troublesome.

I would like Dragic, but I don't think he will even consider coming here, if the Suns trade him. I think Dragic will be retained by them.

Everyone knows they are going to be a potential asset for Kevin Love.

14. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Dragic for a package centered around Jones and the NO pick seems like a good deal in theory. Don't know how much it interests Phoenix though.

15. finsraider

finsraider Member

Dragic was widely considered the 2nd or 3rd biggest snub for the all-star game behind Lowry and MAYBE Stephenson. It would be great to have him back.

Small ball would be great with two facilitators (Dragic and Harden) and two shooters (Beverley and Ariza).

You have a legit 4 guard rotation with Bev/Harden/Dragic/Daniels. Lots of those combinations should work. Not even including anything you get from Canaan or Johnson.

You have someone that can actually spell Harden....limit his minutes and give him a few days off when he needs it.

He's a great fit. Plus we would still have the MLE and BAE to make improvements at backup wing and PF.

16. Nook

Nook Member

If the Rockets REALLY want to, they can get more than $12,000,000 a year to offer Bledsoe by moving DMO/Jones.

It comes down to how highly Morey thinks of Bledsoe. I am skeptical that Bledsoe is a real max player, but I will say this, he was the BEST defensive perimeter player in the NBA last year.

17. TruthBeTold

TruthBeTold Member

This. I'm not gonna get my hopes up since there's a good chance Phoenix hangs up the phone.

18. Houst0ne

Houst0ne Member

Seems like alot to give up

19. dobro1229

They have 3 potential lottery picks next year already. What's another late lotto pick to them right now?

Jones.... I dunno. Given how they run he's a good player for their system. However do they see him as a future all-star???... I dunno.

20. Rockets0515

Rockets0515 Member

Get over it man. If your idea of an insider is Doc Rocket, keep living in that fantasy land of cryptic tweets that turn out to be bull**** 95% of the time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.