1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cyberx News] Rockets among teams trying to trade for Bledsoe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Aug 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

And finally someone gets his moniker spelled correctly.

2. kevC

kevC Contributing Member

Bledsoe-Harden-Ariza-Jones-Howard?

[​IMG]

3. baubo

baubo Member

I don't think he'll get max money for 4 years from anyone. So I do think he either go for the short contract at max money, or long contract at lesser money. Morey probably would give him max money for 2 years, which may be the best he can get on a per-year basis.

As for Bledsoe vs. Rondo, I'm inclined to agree. But I still like Dragic the best because he's such a perfect fit for this team.

4. photojoe

photojoe Member

Gary Payton won a championship in 2006 when he was well, well, well past his prime.

He spent his prime years in Seattle, not winning any championships. He went to LAL to try to chase a ring with Karl Malone (I'm so glad that didn't work out), then finally got one riding on D-Wade's coattails.

He's a pretty bad example to use of an elite PG to win a championship

5. Lefty

Lefty Member

If thats the case, scratch Payton and put Isaiah Thomas.

6. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

Would be pretty hard for harden not to give effort with pay bev and faries on the court at the same time

7. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I agree, but the fact is that for the past 2yrs Harden has NOT been able to do this under McHale, yet in a couple of weeks with coach K he did.

Totally agree with your sentiments! Hopefully Morey has had a revelation and has finally seen the light!

Get'r done Morey!

8. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Ok I will see your Taylor Twerk... and raise you:

[​IMG]

9. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Kidd, Rondo, and Payton weren't elite when they won those titles.

10. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaam!!!!

11. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

We could really use Bledsoe. I really think that defense would help balance out our backcourt; plus he's a future star.

get er done Murray ;)

12. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

Magic Johnson?

13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Bledsoe-Ariza-Howard would be the beginnings of a pretty stout defensive team. Bledsoe and Ariza on either side of Harden would help to mask his defensive shortcomings. Then, if we were able to keep Beverley as well to come off the bench, that would provide prolonged defense and that energy 'spark' guy off of the bench.

McHale has liked using two PG rotations at times, I would even be ok with using a small, ultra-defensive backcourt combo of Beverley and Bledsoe for short stretches of certain games.

IMO Bledsoe would fit our team really well. Of course, the concerns are that we would be pretty locked into to a core of Bledsoe-Harden-Ariza-Howard. Would Morey consider that to be a championship contender enough to lose the flexibility that he desires to lock himself into that? My other concern is Bledsoe's knees. Actually, I'm concerned about Beverley's knees as well, but that isn't as much of a risk since we aren't talking about near max money. My hope for that would be that if we had both, we would be able to limit their minutes enough during the regular season to reduce the stress for both of them to prevent those issues from flaring up.

Exciting news! Can't wait to see how it works out!

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Or

Bledsoe-Harden-Ariza-Faried-Howard

15. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Could this actually be done?

Don't wanna wade through the other post to see what was proposed to make this happen....

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

The first couple of years, I was all about Parsons' potential. This summer has caused me to change my homer ways and realize that he is a decent player but not a max salary one. Throw in the complete lack of defensive motor and maybe it's for the best that he gets new scenery, and we get new blood around Harden and Howard.

17. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This would make the Parsons/Bosh abomination much more tolerable. I still haven't quite gotten over how close we were to dominance.

18. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

OMG their would be no rebounds for anyone else

19. traveler

traveler Member

lol

That's how I see it too. If it is not working then try something else.

20. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I personally think it's an "either or" scenario.

Either we get Bledsoe or we turn our attention towards Faried. The Rockets don't have enough assets to get both players. If Cyberx was alluding to a three-way among Houston, Denver and Phoenix, what would Denver want to move to help Houston? They can ship Afflalo to Phoenix after August 28th but why would Denver do that when they obviously need a shooting guard?