1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Cyberx News] Rockets among teams trying to trade for Bledsoe

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Aug 21, 2014.

Tags:
  1. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Explain..

2. cbk41

cbk41 Member

Ariza/Papanikolaou > Parsons/????

1 person likes this.
  3. SachaShakur

SachaShakur Member

This is why I love reading this board 4 so many years now...
    U'll always find interesting infos !! gr8 keep it up !

4. Asian Sensation

Wat? :confused:

Ariza is much better at his respective position than Bev. I didn't think that was even debatable.

5. SachaShakur

SachaShakur Member

would love a pg like bledsoe on our team... would prefer rondo but he'll do it... at least we would improve our time.. what we haven't done until now... and it would help limit the minutes of harden at least a bit...

6. SachaShakur

SachaShakur Member

Ariza definitely better than Bev... sorry... gr8 addition 4 our team... Parsons leaving won't hurt us with the addition of Ariza...

only problem, loosing Lin & Asik 4 ("nearly") nothing !!!
    so adding Bledsoe or somebody else is still necessary...

7. SachaShakur

SachaShakur Member

even if Asik wasn't used 2 his full potential, can't loose a player of his caliber 4 nothing... he was the perfect backup-C

8. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

fatties provides rim protection with his crazy blocks

9. cbk41

cbk41 Member

I thought we cut Dexter Pittman :confused:

10. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Why? Because of one decent season? Ariza has been nothing but pure garbage for a majority of his career. Defensively, beverly is better at his position and other than shooting 3s (this past season or so EXCLUSIVELY), ariza does nothing on offense

11. SachaShakur

SachaShakur Member

we don't need offence... we need defence & good role players... ariza is a gr8 role player and is very good in D .. sure Bev is gr8 in D as well but his offensive skills r not much better than the ones of Ariza....

12. SachaShakur

SachaShakur Member

offense.. my bad

13. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

A sad truth about us possibly trading for Bledsoe or any star player, is that we could have kept Parsons.

We could have kept Lin, traded Asik for the Pelicans pick, still signed Ariza (or somebody else, like Gasol) with with our cap from the Asik trade, matched Parsons and then traded for Bledsoe (or any star player) using Lin's expiring contract and our assets.

The only way not matching Parsons makes sense is if we use our cap space next summer. If we trade for a star this season, we basically let Parsons walk for no reason. Eh, life goes on.

14. Asian Sensation

And how many decent seasons has Bev had? You make it sound like Bev is a proven commodity in the league.

Ariza and Beverley are both ROLE PLAYERS and they're very similar in terms of the things they do and they both have obvious limitations. The biggest difference is this...... You can get away with being a good "3 and D" player at the SF position. Heck you can even start and have a successful career if you do those 2 thing well at SF. However, at the PG position you need to be more than just a 3 and D player and the "3" in Bev's game is still a work in progress.

"Ariza does nothing on offense" that is your opinion but the fact of the matter is he shot much better than Bev and only averaged .2 less assists than Bev who was a starting PG.

15. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Completely untrue. Elite PGs rarely win championships, more fit Beverly's mold.

And Beverly is a 3rd year player, Ariza has been in the league for over a decade, he's only proven that he isn't so good. If I am upgrading a position on this roster, its one of the forward spots, not wasting money and the few resources this team has left to acquire arguably the least important position in the starting lineup when there is already a guy good enough there. The 3 position is not where this team can afford to have a passive role player, this team is gonna struggle on offense a lot more this season and ariza is gonna be a big reason for that

16. Panda23

Panda23 Member

FIRST
    ROUND
    PICK

17. Asian Sensation

The 1 position is not where this team can have a starter that's incapable of doing anything other than play defense. When Harden is taking a break next year or god forbid he gets hurt this offense is going to struggle big time because of the lack of ability from Bev to create not only for himself but moreover other players.

The reason why Ariza was able to have such a great season last year was because of Wall's ability to penetrate and find Ariza and other players and get them open shots. You know.... the main thing good PG's should and are able to do.

If this team struggles on offense and Ariza is gonna be a big reason for that then Beverley is the MAIN reason.

My point boils down to this. It's Bev's duty to make sure this offense runs smoothly and helps to make the offense run smoothly.

18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Kudos to Plowman and Amir's Johnson for keeping us in the loop about Bledsoe.
    Cyberex has done very well too.
    It will be interesting to see how this works out.
    I feel Bledsoe is a fairly long shot for us.
    I won't be disappointed if DM doesn't get him, even though I like his upside.

19. amazingskills

amazingskills Member

I wonder how this ability to do sad analysis like this reflects on your quality of life?

20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Tony Parker, Chauncey Billiups, Jason Kidd, Rajon Rondo, Gary Payton all won titles

i don't think you can really individualize players winning titles by themselves, it is a team game after all