1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CW TV] iZombie

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Rocket River, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I caught the pilot. Not as dopey and campy as i thought it would be
    [I was thinking it would ATTEMPT to be another Dead Like Me]
    It is feeling its way through .. but so far it is ok

something to watch . . but not great yet . . . . it has not turned me off yet

Rocket River

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm with you so far far, liked it, but haven't loved it. It's from the same guy that made Veronica Mars, so I'm most certainly giving it an extended chance.

It's on the CW, so I'm wary. Almost every show devolves into pandering to teenage girls, but they've been doing better with some recent shows. With this, I'm now watching 4 shows (Arrow, Flash, Supernatural) and I've heard good things about the 100.

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I like it. Definitely get the Veronica Mars feel. I just recently watched the whole Veronica Mars series thanks to Pivot and the Movie. I was surprised by how good it was. I am excited that this is by the same people.

Man, CW has all the genre shows and they still have a couple more coming.. where you at SyFy!?

4. calcium

calcium Member

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

honestly, it can't be any worse than the Walking Dead, I'll give it a shot

6. Juxtaposed Jolt

Aside from the main character being a zombie, the two shows really have nothing in common, right?

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

This is more of a black noir crime solving drama in the likes of Veronica Mars, from the same producer, too.

I loved Veronica Mars, but haven't given this show a try yet. From the five minutes I saw when it was on, it had a more serious vibe. Kristen Bell's smart ass delivery made Veronica Mars great. If I hear the same from this show, I'll consider watching it.

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I gave this show a chance because of all the Veronica Mars connections, but I really didn't have very high hopes. They have maintained the story of the week concept, but they have worked in the serialized arcs very well, very much like Veronica Mars. I look forward to this show every week now, it's really good.

After Veronica Mars was cut down in it's prime, I really hope people give this one a chance instead now instead of retroactively complaining about how good it is, and should have never been canceled.

9. Svpernaut

Svpernaut Contributing Member

I have yet to watch any episodes, but I plan on watching it during the summer lull... especially since it has been picked up for a 2nd season.

10. Entropy

Entropy Member

Reign is good too.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I have been drawn in as well
    It is not the TOP of the food change but definitely on the GOOD Side

Rocket River

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I see these and THE ORIGINALS and BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
    Etc

Alot of it just looks the Same

Rocket River

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I look forward to watching every week now.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

They got pale vampire like ones and ones with a human skin tone

15. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

They actually do stuff to their skin to get the regular tone. I don't know if it was makeup or tanning. The ethnic zombies dont seem to have that problem though. There was a black zombie and the chief of police look normal.

16. GRENDEL

GRENDEL Contributing Member

I’ve been watching it since the first episode aired. It’s not going to set the world on fire but its enjoyable TV. Similar structure to all the episodes but they also throw in a bit overreaching story arch bits and pieces here and there.

17. Duncan McDonuts

Finally got around to watching the series. Really good storyline that encompasses the lore introduced from the beginning.

Rob Thomas is great at creating characters in a universe that can always be called back to. Everything started to connect together in the last half of the season and the stakes kept ramping up. Small scenes that didn't affect the crime-of-the-week were actually integral parts in the season-long arc. Plenty of misdirects to make the stories interesting, too.

Highly recommend if you liked Veronica Mars.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Season started off pretty good. Hope more people get into this show. It's not quite on par as Veronica Mars, but I think it can get there as long as it doesn't get canceled.

19. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

It was ok. Interesting
    I still like this quirky show

Rocket River

20. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

I'm really enjoying this show. Any show than can combine good humor and solid plotting is OK by me. Plus Rose McIver has really grown on me. The way she delivered the lines with the guys T-Shirt had me laughing, and it wasn't even a funny joke