1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[CW] Crazy Ex-Girlfriend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Feb 7, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Read an article that there some have Chinese roots but yup nonetheless

Most have Spanish names over there

Was not the actor but the character in the series

take it as a wild guess or speculation, nothing more, my 2 cents

2. VanityHalfBlack

This show is insane. I have no more words.

3. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

At one point, as much as you want the protagonist to succeed, all her schemes to spend time with Josh do drag and make her look like an awful person. I am finding it harder and harder to sympathize with her because she wraps herself in all of these lies and it backfires on her. Greg is the most sympathetic, well-intentioned person on the show and is constantly friendzoned. Poor guy.

But yeah, it's text-mergency.

4. conquistador#11

does josh smile annoy anyone? he's like the filipino Cam newton. Only started watching because of this thread, the wifey and I love it.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I have always held on to the belief that Rebecca is the villain of the show; Rebecca is by no means the protagonist. She is a really awful person, yet I still want her to succeed.

Greg's character is hilarious too. I'm not sure he wants anything to do with any of these situations, but he just can't help himself. He's obsessed with trying to get people to understand what is actually going on.

Greg at Josh's place when Rebecca came with the lawsuit papers was hilarious. His face was like, "how did I get here."

Greg is in a perpetual state of, "is this really happening right now?"

6. VanityHalfBlack

Greg is the good guy for sure. and White Josh. Yeah, Rebecca is definitely the bad guy, the more absurd her action are, the better. She's is a psycho. Lets not forget Josh is not a saint as this show is painting it out to be. He's hanging out with Rebecca even knowing that Valencia would get mad.

7. Juxtaposed Jolt

That's how good the writing is. To me, it's almost like early-stages Breaking Bad, in that the main character has some affliction (cancer BB, mental issues GF) while "breaking bad," but you're still rooting for the main character to do all these bad things because you want them to get what they want.

Even though Rebecca turned down the offer to settle JUST so that she could spend more time with Josh, that's what any lawyer would have done, because turning down such a quick decision to settle by the other side probably means that there is more to this case, and that Josh and the building's other tenants could all receive even more money.

So the anti-hero protagonist performs an unsavory action, yet the action would have been the logical thing to do. You have no choice to but to root for Rebecca to win, even though it's entirely selfish.

Good lord, I love this show. I really, REALLY hope it gets renewed.

8. Ron from the G

Ron from the G Contributing Member

I'm confused. All the highlights I've seen is this chick singing. Is this show a musical or something?

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Renewed for season 2. CW comes through again. If you got a cult following CW will allow your show to run in the background. Supernatural gets renewed for season 12! gawd damn!

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Rebecca finally realizes she is the villain in her own show. hilarious.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

I really think Showtime messed up by not picking CEG up.

CW renewed every last one of their shows. That's pretty crazy. When's the last time a network didn't cancel a single one of their shows for a given season? Can't remember.

12. Juxtaposed Jolt

Oops, wish I could edit. They didn't renew all of their shows - just a majority. Like 85%.

13. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Didn't know Showtime was looking at CEG. Imagine how raunchy this show would be on premium cable. Rebeca has been trying to let those jugs free all season.

14. Juxtaposed Jolt

Yeah, the material for the show could be so much raunchier.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/crazy-ex-girlfriend-cw-showtime-comedy-rachel-bloom-1201495301/

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Yay, this is good news. West Covina!

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have grown not to hate this show

17. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah, Josh will end up in Hawaii somehow by the end of the season. So will she break into the pawn shop to get the Garfunkel ring back, lol.

18. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/aZx5zfkG6oU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

They actually went there lol.

19. VanityHalfBlack

Yeah, to all the Greg shippers. It's not going to last. Where the hell was white Josh? Two episodes gone by and no show? Not cool!!

20. VanityHalfBlack

Whoa, that was some finale. Greg,Greg,Greg and alcohol don't mix well, lol.