1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CUV? Equinox, CRV, Escape, Sorento...whatever else...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GraingerGuy, Mar 5, 2012.

Tags:
  1. GraingerGuy

GraingerGuy Member

So far, as I've been doing research, the Equinox has been getting pretty good reviews. But I was wondering if anyone had some real world experience they would like to share.

Here are the features we want for a CUV:

1. Wife and I are having a kid and we'd like more room (especially in the trunk area)

2. Her and her family are pretty tall (6 ft - 6 ft 5in) and having the back seats able to fit them would be a huge plus.

3. Hopefully not too expensive (we're looking at used in the 20-25k range)

4. Good gas mileage

5. Decent power (I know, power and MPG don't go well together, but humor me)

6. Safe.

So....advice?

2. Lonestar28

Lonestar28 Member

I have a 2011 Equinox. No real complaints so far. Gas mileage is 24 to 25 combined on the 4 cylinder model. There is plenty of room in the back for kids, groceries, etc...

3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Honda CRV..... No doubt about it...... It has great features if you go with a more expensive one like mine..... bluethooth for the phone, voice activated features for the phone and for the gps, pretty good gps system comes in the car already with a nice 6 speakers system with a subwoofe, rear reclining seats, a whole lot of space for a not soo big suv, rear view camera and a universal vtec engine that comes in every crv base model or top..... The engine in my opinion performs great (this coming from a guy who tunes a Supra for track)......... Great gas milege and oh yeah, its a Honda so reliability will not be an issue..... I dont know wht else to say..... Ive seen the rav4, and the mitsubishi endevour but the quality of the crv just feels right. All the way around it just feels like a great car overall with a lifetime warranty on the engine and transmission as long as the regular maintence is done every 3,000 miles from Honda or a certified shop..... Any questions.... Jus ask.... :D

4. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

My mom has the Saturn version of the Equinox and hates it. The build quality sucks. It's a couple of years old and has already started rattling.