1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cuttino's the most selfish SOB in the league

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Feb 4, 2003.

1. fatman510

fatman510 Member

JESUS....One loss and already the Cuttino haters are back in full force even though Cuttino had a decent game. It was Mr. Griffin's fault we lost today. He is the brickhead.

2. kobo

kobo Member

100% agree! He has neither changed nor learned.

3. Nuggets4

Nuggets4 Contributing Member

Why would we want him? So our crappy offense could be worse? No thanks.

4. LiTtLeY1521

LiTtLeY1521 Member

lol........

ACTUALLY. He could do wonders for the Nuggets.

5. walterw

walterw Member

Do we get any real Cuttino's fan here in this BBS?
    What is your take on this rant on Cat?

I have grown tired of not only his style of play, but also his
    mindset. I suspect maybe even his freind Posey started
    getting tired of his play.

6. alaskansnowman

Francis didn't do such a great job of getting the team involved either.

7. vasecase

vasecase Member

In the 1st 1/4 Cuttino made 1/5 fg & 0/3 3pt. He hogged the ball even though he wasn't shooting well an in the end those missed shots counted. .

8. acejeff5

acejeff5 Member

haha we are bck to normal, and now the love is flowin' once again

9. Drexlerfan22

Drexlerfan22 Contributing Member

Most selfish? As in shoots every time he touches leather...?

No way is he more selfish than Michael Redd.

10. London'sBurning

London'sBurning Contributing Member

Eh Cuttino did fine tonight. He didn't ISO except on a couple of occasions. On the last play in the 3rd quarter, and I forget the other one. Otherwise he worked directly within the offense. If you want to blame someone for our poor performance tonight, blame Griffin for clanging like 6 3-Pointers in a row, and barely ever touching rim. Blame our Power Forwards for not playing better defense on Garnett, and partly blame Francis for being the one doing all the ISO tonight. Granted he made his buckets, but he wasn't getting his teammates involved either, and made a few bone headed plays. One being the second 3-Point attempt he shot and missed after getting a steal on a potential break. Instead he forced the shot up while most of the T-Wolves were back in defensive position. Yao looked tired again today, and wasn't helping Griffin or MoT much when Garnett was working them. And our weakside defense when Yao did step out and help covere Garnett sucked because he was making a lot of wrap around passes to Nesterovic. Our defense was just plain soft tonight as well. You can't honestly blame Cat for this loss tonight, and if you do, you're just grabbing at straws.

11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

What makes this all the worse is that Mobley is one of our "veterans". He has been on this team the longest and should have a vested interest in winning. From his actions, it's clear that he just wants numbers.

This is something I've been thinking long before our loss tonight. I'm just fed up and finally felt like venting.

We need to make changes like the pre-championship Lakers. They dumped folks that wouldn't get the ball to shaq. They dumped Van excel, Jones, and Elden Campbell, three very talented players. But after dumping those individuals, they found a team. Three championships later, the same formula works.

Mobley has got to go. We need something like the KT for Posey trade. Then we'll have a team.

STart Posey at 2, play TMo at 3. Whatever.

12. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

OMG...Do the words "Roderick" and "Rhodes" have any meaning? :D

13. Rileydog

Ok. Let's bash Mobley, but do it intelligently. He is not the worst player in franchise history.

Mike Woodson
    Purvis Short
    Dave Jamerson
    Chris Jent.

14. Rileydog

To add to my bashing, the one thing I hate more than anything is when Mobley takes the ball into heavy traffic, throws up a 15 foot finger roll, and yells "AND ONE!!!!!!!!!" to the refs with a glare, when his horrible shot miraculously fails to draw iron.

The poor b*stard is too dumb to realize that he is very talented and effective if he simplifies his game. Unfortunately, NBA teams pay these guys millions to play one on one with 8 other people on the court. One day, I'd just like to see a basket ball game break out in the middle of the one on one games.

15. Rileydog

And here's my third post in a row, in my own thread.

If we can't dump him, let's just bench him and make him the 6th man. Start the Mooch and Francis. Get the offense into a flow. Francis moves to his natural position anyway. We start performing in 1st quarters.

Then bring in Mobley as our instant offense, and run 10 consecutive plays for him. It will be like Steve Marriuchi's offense . . . we can script 10 plays for Mobley to start the 2nd quarter. How about 10 straight Isolations???

He'll wet himself from the pleasure of launching all those shots that he might not biotch about coming off the bench. Cato doesn't care about not getting the ball anyway. We can play Mobley, Hawkins, Tmo, MoTay and Cato. Mobley can bring the ball up himself, dribble the clock down, heave up a shot, and have our guys crash the boards. This will have the dual effect of running clock, as our starters rest.

After those 10 plays, we'll be 5-6 minutes into the 2nd quarter. We can bring the regulars in, and Mobley can stay in too, if he is still standing. He'll be tired from all the plays and won't demand the ball. He might actually pass.

16. RIET

RIET Contributing Member

Here.

I'll let you continue with your rant without looking too pathetic by continuing to respond to your own posts.

You owe me one.

17. Rileydog

Thanks. I am working on some Mobley hating poetry.

Actually, I need to get working on an opening statement for a trial that I have starting tomorrow. But I'm so pissed about the Mobley issue that I need to get this out.

I'm done for the night. I hope there's more mobley bashing that I can read tomorrow. It will help to get my day started.

18. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Oh, like your title...."most selfish Son of a b**** in the league."

19. Stone Cold Hakeem

Stone Cold Hakeem Contributing Member

Re: Mobley --

I wish he played somewhere else where he could play his game in an offense tailored to his strengths -- as it stands now, he hurts our offense and our offense hurts him because he is a pure scorer, not a cog in the machine kinda player, which I think would be ok if Francis were more of a pass first, get everyone involved type point guard, but he's not.

I repeat again what Will said earlier in the season -- we have outgrown our need for Mobley. We can get points from all over the court, there's no need for multiple scoring machines in the backcourt. I'd like to see the Rockets move Mobley somewhere for another frontcourt player. It doesn't have to be now, but preferably before next season.

20. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

you guys are not helping his trade value;)