1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cutting Class/Skipping School

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by BlastOff, Jan 28, 2005.

1. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Calling all cutters and ditchers....

I have done both. Mostly as a Senior in high school.

There was a place downtown in my hometown called Dungeons and Dragons Arcade that I used to go to with a friend or two. I could go there and spend only a dollar and play all day on the 4 video games I'd play (Ms. PacMan [the fast one], Galaga, Space Duel and Stargate).

How about this...once my cousin and I were going to D&D and I walked face to face with my MOM!!! She must have been in dreamland because she looked me right in the face but didn't see me. After school that day I went home expecting her to jump out of the shadows like a ninja and pummel me but it was just another day in the Green household. I told her about after adulthood and she said she would have killed me had she known then.

Those were the days.

2. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I never understood how people cut class...at Klein Forest our teachers would always take attendance the second the bell rang and if you weren't there for that class or the rest of the day the office always knew about it. :( I guess some schools did it differently.

3. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Yah, I skipped when I was too stoned to make it to class. I was out of that phase by high school though.

I never got away with anything, so I turn out to be alright.

My son followed my foot steps.

You should have named the thread "I'm better at arcade games than you".;)

4. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in awhile, you could miss it.

5. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

Klein Forest class of 84. We used to skip and would go hangout at Northoaks Mall......Good Times ;)

6. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Hey, I'm still good with the old stuff but my kids destroy me on the ones out now. :)

7. ROCKSS

What games did you like to play? My favorite was Defender and then Stargate followed by Asteroids

8. OmegaSupreme

OmegaSupreme Contributing Member

back in the day of living in pecan grove in richmond, texas...

while at hodges bend middle school (well... went to three middle schools because i was really, really bad back then... hodges bend, sugarland middle school, then welch) a few of my friends and i would skip days of school then once we skipped an entire week.

we would take turns spending the day at each others houses drinking our parents liquor and watching pron. one day while watching p*rn we figured out that the school had called each one of our houses wondering if we were sick and when we were going to show up again.

instead of getting in trouble, we all decided to run away in live in the woods next to all the houses and "live one with nature". lol. we spent the night in the woods, ate the food we brought along with us, and lived in a tent that one of the guys had. we even had a camp fire going. we'd throw unopened cans of soda in the fire and they'd explode (this was really cool by the way). the next day we heard a loud voice saying "the jig's up guys". it was one of our friends parents. apparently, one of the guys who decided not to go with us ratted us out.

the police drove all of us home and everyone told me that they got a whuppin' when they got home. i didn't :D. they took me to a shrink instead. :rolleyes:

9. swilkins

You guys must be around my age (37), because that was my genre.

10. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

While seniors, my buddy and I were in separate--but equally lax classes prior to lunch. We'd go to class, stay for a few minutes and then "go to the bathroom"--never to return until the next day. This would give us a nice long lunch, so we'd either go to Ninfa's in Westbury or Pappasittos on Richmond and have Mexican food and margaritas. We did this several times a week. We'd also "go to the bathroom" occasionally and make a quick run to a convenience store, slam a bottle of Riunite or Cello (we were too "good" for MD 20/20) and head back to class. It made trig more interesting.

I can't even imagine drinking that crap now.

11. Pole

Pole Houston Rockets--Tilman Fertitta's latest mess.

I'm 37 as well. We skipped to play defender and Stargate as well, but that was in middle school.

12. ROCKSS

Oh Yea, just turned 38

13. swilkins

I always liked Tempest and the upper levels. If you beat one then you had instant high score.

Unless Blastoff was there.:mad:

14. BlastOff

BlastOff Member

Glad you asked!

Sinistar, Dig Dug, Elevator Action, Turbo Outrun, Tempest, Time Pilot/TP84, Robotron (fav)...ho man way to many to list.

15. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

the first day of high school (84?) we were handed-out all these forms for our parents to sign. i took them to a good friend of mine (kelley) and had her sign my mom's name on every legal form. from that moment until the day i graduated, every official document given to the school i had kelley sign (as my mom.) consequently, whenever i needed a day off from the rigors of school, i'd just skip. i'd then have kelley write a note excusing me for the day (sick, ortho appointment, etc.)
    it worked flawlessly. i told my mom about it years later. she was impressed.
    :D

16. the futants

the futants Contributing Member

oh, i forgot: Tempest, Robotron, Sinistar, Qix.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

No, why would I want to skip school?

18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I skipped a few times, but nothing notable.

However,

I have in my possession the following Arcade machines.

Pacman
    MS Pacman -same machine but has all the pacmans ever created and some never released.

Defender

Mortal Kombat 2

NFL Blitz 99
    NBA Jam 99

I am looking for Tournament Cyberball 2072- the 4 player version.

DD

19. Jeff

Jeff Clutch Crew

I never skipped in high school. I knew I'd get busted for a variety of reasons.

Since we are saying, I was a Galaga man myself.

20. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Cool. 92' here, should've been 93'. :(
    I was a die hard street fighter fan...my Guile was unstoppable. :D