1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cut Carlos Gomez.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by underrated015, Aug 8, 2016.

?

Who is most responsible for Gomez debacle?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2016.
  1. 5

18.5%
  2. Luhnow

3.7%
  3. Hinch

7.4%
  4. Hitting Coach

44.4%
  5. Moneyball aggregate offense approach

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Hell if I know but what a disaster

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Timeout was embarrassing

2. Sanity2disChaos

THIS..a lil Boston Bean cooking!!

3. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Took a picture of the insult you hid in the signature of this post.

You have access to my REAL LIFE info... feel free to show me how much you believe in what you said.

4. Houstunna

Supporting Member

So you're saying Brock deserves some blame?

Don't recall your saying much of anything negative about him.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I say things negative about him when he deserves negative things being said about him. He forced a bad pass into traffic that was intercepted. He's to blame for it.

6. Houstunna

Supporting Member

Okay, man... just checking :D

Seriously, this guy seems troublesome. I've never claimed football expertise, but I don't him going through progressions very much when the line allows time. His book isn't written yet, though.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's had his issues, but a lot of the problems so far haven't really been on him. There has been bad game plans, dropped passes, terrible O line protection, bad routes, miscommunication, and bad throws. Pretty much everything that could go wrong, has. I expect at some point for things to calm down a bit, but it's certainly annoying right now.

8. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

He was dreadful in the game vs the Pats. Didn't go through all his reads, even had some that were predetermined throws (like the Butler INT), released the ball way too quickly even when pressure wasn't there, terrible ball placement, etc. Their d-line owned our o-line. Brock was shook; had poor mechanics and footwork in that game, rarely stepped into his throws.

Man, this thought kinda just came to my mind and it's kinda scary, but if Fuller keeps dropping balls, he could honestly end up being Tedd Ginn Jr. 2.0 and that's not a good thing. Fuller is obviously a better receiver already but a lot of similarities between the two. But again, it's very premature for me to say that.

9. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'm most annoyed by BOB saying he believed that he had a decent gameplan going into the game. It's like he gets to go up there, give his double sided coach speak, then cap it off with testiness at the press. Then we as fans are stuck here trying to figure out what's true and whether he really did think that his run-heavy gameplan was gonna be effective.
    So reminiscent of Kubiak's pressers.

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Major

Major Member

What exactly do you want him to say? And what coach gives good press conferences?

12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

We really have been spoiled with the vision Arian Foster had as a RB...Miller is NOT patient and often times loses footing...runs into his blockers and falls down...doesnt wait for the opening...takes a long time making a decision once the opening is there...There is a reason he had limited success in Miami. The dude really has poor vision for a RB.

Htownballer38 likes this.
  14. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I'm still hurting behind that embarrassing loss. I really need to turn my expectations down several notches. I couldn't believe how unprepared we were against an elite team like the Patriots. We were out coached, out classed, and out worked on every freaking level.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

BoB is going to stand up there on Monday and recite his tired ass "I've got to do a better job of coaching - we all have to do a better job" line to the press which is his way of avoiding the truth which is that he was a being a pompous dumbass. Now getting outcoached by Belichick is no disgrace given his track record and all but to go into a TNF game so totally unprepared with the ridiculous game plan they had is almost grounds for outright dismissal. There should have been NO ****ing way BoB and his staff to have been caught off guard by what Belichick was going to do since he coached there for 5 years and both teams were running many of the same plays. It looks to me that all BoB got from the experience was how to be a prick with the press - the important stuff like learning Belichick's coaching methods appear to have escaped him. That's what steams me most about this loss - they could have, SHOULD have put on a better show for the Texans' fans given their familiarity with their opponent. Instead, today they find themselves the butt of Internet meme jokes and they wholeheartedly deserve each and every one.

16. mick fry

mick fry Member

He did and he gave it to his mentor the day before for approval. Belichek: Very nice son very nice, good luck tomorrow! Oh and tell George I said hello.

17. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I I was mainly looking for him to admit that the gameplan was wrong. It's entirely likely that Cosell's explanation falls in line with what BOB was thinking the game script would play out to be. It's probably a BB thing to not unequivocally admit fault, but after games like that, fans demand that heads roll, even if that's not what they realistically expect. We won't even get a clear explanation of what went wrong, just public conjecture, as is tradition with bad Texans losses. You've got Hey Now! saying this was the most perplexing loss ever. And he's right, but that's one of the least used words I've heard to associate with a loss.

I can't name who gives good press conferences, but I know BB and his reputation for them, and this is just an extension of that.

18. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

If the offensive talent isn't that good, it's not very perplexing. If the OL and TEs suck, if Brock is just mediocre, and if Lamar is not an every down RB, then it makes sense why we couldn't score.

Everyone assummed the offense underwent a huge upgrade before the offense proved it could actually do anything.

19. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

They had no problem scoring in the 1st two games of the season. Their play calling was damn good in those two games. In this game the play calling was vanilla and horrible. I really don't understand why the OC and head coach think that would work against the Patriots.

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They scored 2 TDs against the bears, who are terrible. They only managed one TD against KC despite KC having 3 fumbles and having very good field position several times.

J.R. likes this.