1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cut Carlos Gomez.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by underrated015, Aug 8, 2016.

?

Who is most responsible for Gomez debacle?

Poll closed Oct 29, 2016.
  1. 5

18.5%
  2. Luhnow

3.7%
  3. Hinch

7.4%
  4. Hitting Coach

44.4%
  5. Moneyball aggregate offense approach

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Hell if I know but what a disaster

44.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Well no one is really impartial.

We need to look objectively at the major moves, which have so far under O'Brien been trading up in the draft and aggressively signing FAs. Overpaying if necessary.

I don't hate all moves, Fuller was an awesome pick

2. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Where can we get a prime foster

3. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I just wanted to say how embarrassed I was of the Texans Thursday night.

Brock has thrown a pick in three straight games, it has me worried. He doesn't seem to want to throw anything over the top, he just wants to jam it in there. I still like him over every QB we've had in franchise history (not saying much), but he needs to calm down.

I don't know where JJ is health wise or career wise for that matter. I know he plays at 110 percent and his body can't do what he has done the last 5 years for very long. I hope we aren't seeing the beginning of the decline. I haven't seen much at all from him outside the first half of Game 2. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt seeing that he had back surgery so recently. Clowney was jogging Thursday night. He needs to be in attack mode 100% of the time. He needs to be like JJ was his first few years where he would chase guys non stop wayyyy outside the pocket.

Nuke has made some great catches and plays. After watching the Giants yesterday (lol), I can't tell who is better, Nuke or OBJ. They're both so fricking amazing and fun to watch, but I love Nuke because he's so chill. OBJ is an emotional train wreck, so it's sometimes more fun to watch.

We desperately need Duane Brown back, that line looks terrible.

Secondary looks weak too. We aren't causing any turnovers it seems (-2 margin). I'm surprised McKinney and Mercilus haven't made more of an impact thus far.

Anyways, just needed to vent and get some of my thoughts on "paper." I've been up since 5 am with dry sockets from 4 wisdom teeth extractions and I want to die, but needed to let the world know my final thoughts. :D

Rodman23 likes this.
  4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I think they've been arguably our two best defensive players.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Nope, I hear that Elway is laughing at them and we really need to start thinking about if Ben Roethlisburger was really worth throwing that big contract at him. Clearly the sky is falling in Pittsburgh

6. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

I was mad as anyone but I watched Mariotta look game stupid against the Raiders and of course the announcers simply said he's young and still learning. Why doesn't Brock get that treatment ? Will be interesting to see how the team rebounds

7. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

It was his 10th career start; do you want to guess how many INTs PeePee Manning threw in his first 10 starts? Screw it, I'll tell you: 20.

He's made five fewer starts than Marcus Mariota.

ipaman likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

WHY ARE YOU NOT PANICKING?!?!?!
    Don't you know, the sky is falling because the Texans can't go 16-0 now.

9. Mr. Clutch

Apples and oranges though. PeePee started in a different era and he was a rookie on a bad team.

I would like Brock to look as good as Schaub did when he first got here. Or at least as good as some of the rookies impressing over the last few years (Carr, Prescott, Bridgewater, Garoppolo, etc). And other than having better physical tools than many QBs, he hasn't impressed.

10. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Good point. I didn't even know Peyton had so many interceptions his first year, just looked at his game stats. Perhaps they stand out more because they were on the first drives in back to back to back games (at least 2 were I remember).

Maybe my expectations for him this year are too high.

11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Wow, check out the replies on this tweet:

Uprising likes this.
  12. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

After 10 starts, Schaub (which I think is a fair comparison): 66.55%; 9/9; 7.7 YPA; 87.3. Brock: 61.2; 13/10; 6.9 YPA; 82.4. But, remember: that's with Brock switch offensive systems.

As a Bronco, under the same system as Schaub: 61.8; 10/6; 7.2 YPA; 86.4.

As for the rookies, I'd suggest you revisit each of their rookie years - none were terribly impressive (other than Wentz, who you didn't even mention.)

13. Fantasma Negro

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  14. conquistador#11

How would you handle kickoffs that are designated to stall you before reaching the 15 yard line?
    Don't field it and let it bounce?
    Hope they learn from that lesson the master hoodie administered on special teams. Can't give away free 14pts.

15. mick fry

mick fry Member

That and fair catch punts inside the 10, it's winning football!

#1995 mick fry, Sep 26, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

They could literally put a windmill back there to return punts instead of Tyler Ervin, and it would have the same impact. All that dude does is call fair catches.

17. Mr. Clutch

Well two games ago he wouldnt call a fair catch even with a defender on top of him. Now it's all fair catches

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, not entirely accurate. He only calls for fair catches when he clearly shouldn't. When he needs to call for a fair catch in order to not get leveled and potentially turn the ball over, he doesn't call for a fair catch.

19. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

SI guy on Charlie's show is absolutely lacing into the texans right now... i love it. the whole organization needs to be embarrassed about that performance and they deserve to hear every second of it. it's baffling how this team can continue to look so inept on the big stage, regardless of coaching regimes and players. they can no longer brush this off... it's their 15th f***ing season for christ's sake!

20. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

SI guy on Charlie's show is absolutely lacing into the texans right now... i love it. the whole organization needs to be embarrassed about that performance and they deserve to hear every second of it. it's baffling how this team can continue to look so inept on the big stage, regardless of coaching regimes and players. they can no longer brush this off... it's their 15th f***ing season for christ's sake!