1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cushing suspended

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket Guy, May 7, 2010.

1. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

a suspension for slightly elevated levels seems pretty rough. You'd think, at the very least, the games suspension would be reduced from 4.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's a natural product of a masking agent. The same thing Manny Rodriguez got busted for. Not necessarily the same masking agent but the effect is the same.

It helps restore testosterone after a steroid cycle. ie. your balls.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Looks like the Semantic Warrior lost again on this topic.

Maybe fmullegun could have done better

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

That's what I've been reading but it's the media saying so....dam Cush speak up fool!!!

5. rockets934life

Yep, Peter King is having a field day on Twitter while Mort and Schefter is being pretty much nuetral.

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

It is a chemistry drug, designed to help neutralize the elevated levels that a steroid cycle would produce. If you take the right dosage you will test clean on a drug test. Cush didn't get the balance right apparently.

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Yup - I said it last night - the most useful part of this for me is that it'll tell me what journalists I can and can't take seriously. All these awards should be about is determining the best football player, period. And if you think Cushing's non-steroidal substance had an impact, then I suppose it's your right to guess the kind of player he'd be without it.

But that's not what I see here at all. The likes of Peter King and his minions are basically using this to preach from the pulpit and become the league's moral police. That's not your job. And that's why they're going to lose me and hopefully lots of other readers...

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Someone said something about media?

Steroids user becomes the first Texans player anyone can name

http://www.sportspickle.com/might-h...comes-the-first-texans-player-anyone-can-name

Thanks to a positive test for performance enhancing drugs and a four-game suspension, Houston Texans linebacker Brian Cushing has achieved a franchise first and become the only player to wear a Texans uniform that anyone has heard of. "I apologize to the team and our fans," said Cushing. "But, I'll admit, it's kind of neat to be known more than our receiver, the one that people say is underrated but is just as good as Larry Fitzgerald." Texans head coach Gary Kubiak said he was upset about the the positive test. "This is not who we want as the face of our franchise," he said. "We want it to be our defensive end, Mario ... Mario ... Van Peebles is it? No, that's an actor from the '90s. I don't know. The Mario guy we drafted instead of Reggie Bush."

9. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I think it was probably either 4 games or none with the appeal. Either the NFL overturns the violation or doesn't ... and in the CBA you get 4 games if you are a first time violator.

I don't know what to think about the hCg. Doesn't look good though...

10. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

http://espn.go.com/blog/sportscenter/post/_/id/50914/9a-etmore-details-in-the-brian-cushing-casenew-shade-of-orange-for-orange-bowljason-heyward-close-to-returning#more

11. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. rezdawg

So youre saying immediately after that and throughout the season, Cush nailed the dosage and the balance? Or do you think it makes slightly more sense that maybe he wasnt doing steroids?

13. rockets934life

14. rockets934life

Agree, MattJ was saying the same thing on the morning show but that is to many what ifs for me, you could make the same argument that the guy was a horn dog and be just as feasible.

15. Roxboys

Roxboys Member

Same thing manram got a 50 day suspension for with the dodgers. His was just for being caught purchasing the script. Its a female fertility drug that helps your junk stay normal while using roids. Its like you guys are trying to find anything to not find him guilty. If the union doesn't even have his back thats a telling sign to me.

16. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Wow.

As I've said all along, the important folks don't particularly care what he took or how little it may have had to do with his on-field play. It's all about playing the role of moral policeman and appearing to the casual fan that they're "doing the right thing" and "cleaning up the game". Cushing was the perfect villain, too, given the rumors that have dogged him nonstop for years. Sickening, yet not at all surprising.

17. rezdawg

Cushing didnt have roids in his system, Manny did....and if hcg helped mask the roids, Cushing didnt test positive for hcg days after the initial test...and one more time before he was even notified of any positive test.

And yeah, sorry if I feel like I should defend the guy since he didnt test positive for a steroidal substance and has passed a lie detector test regarding the use of any steroidal substance. I have more reason to believe, at this point, that his positive test isnt a big deal and that he will return to his pro-bowl form. Seems to me like you and some others just want him to be guilty of anabolic steroids.

18. monkeyboy32

monkeyboy32 Contributing Member

an 8 month, denied appeal, overreaction

19. Roxboys

Roxboys Member

Manny definately did not have steroids in his system. Check your facts dont talk out of your behind.