1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cushing getting an MRI today?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Nero, Oct 6, 2014.

1. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

The fact that the Texans haven't elaborated on it yet makes me think (1) its serious (2) they don't know what news to release yet.

More importantly. who's to replace him? Jeff Tarpinian (bryan braman 2.0)? LB already weak with Clowney out!

2. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

I thought you were done with the Texans? :p

3. benchmoochie

I'm offering up my analysis. That being said..they going to lose and go 3-13 this season. Book It!

4. egr281

egr281 Member

Man that sucks he was really starting to look more explosive. Hopefully it isnt season ending i would be ok with him missing 3 or 4 games. If it is something nottoo serious i would say sit him a while just to be cautious

5. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I'll bet you $500.00 they don't go 3-13 this season.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

lol to think he'd be willing to take that kind of bet...

7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Cushing is the heart and soul of this team. Look at the win/loss comparison when we play without him.

8. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Some would argue that Arian Foster is just as important. And yes I too think Cushing's value to this team is very underrated...

I didnt expect them to beat the Colts Thursday; now I just dont know if the game is going to even be competitive...

Texans +2.5/ 46

9. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Wtf which is it?

10. egr281

egr281 Member

Hopefully some asshat twitter journalist lying for bites

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Brian Cushing is NOT listed as out for Thursday's game. He did not participate in practice today. Mistake was made inputting to the NFL site</p>&mdash; Texans PR (@TexansPR) <a href="https://twitter.com/TexansPR/status/519264108408217601">October 6, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Damn, I feel bad for the guy. His passion for the game is unquestionable.

Get Well Cush!

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

14. Brad

Brad Member

Can't figure out why everyone is so down on Cushing this year when he leads the team in tackles with 37, ten more than the next highest guy. The next highest tackle total for a linebacker is Reed who has 25 tackles less than Cushing. He may of lost a step but he still is still getting it done.

15. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Making tackles doesn't necessarily mean making plays. An example would be the Giants game. Cush had 17 tackles, but they all seemed to be 5-7 yards down field. That's not what you'd call making an impact. It hasn't been all bad, but he clearly hasn't been the factor that he was before the injuries.

16. egr281

egr281 Member

Just because he hasnt made the big highlight reel plays does not mean he hasnt made alot of plays. Alot of his tackles have come against RB who get past the frontline and could potentially bust open for a longer run and face a smaller DB if cush doesnt make that tackle. So no its not THE big play but they are plays that need to be made and he has done a great job of that, it is no coincidence he has all of those tackles.

17. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Time to draft an inside linebacker next April May or June.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

Never replaced DeMeco(err sorry Bradie James!), now they need a Brian fill-in-replacement.

19. Buck Turgidson

He's not the same; he was suck a badass his first year+. Sucks, but he's a step slow on every play.

Worst thing is, he's the best LB they have.

20. benchmoochie

I like how everyone gets their panties in a wad when I put out these atrocious sarcastic predictions. At best 8-8 to be honest.