1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Curry's the best right now

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by OTMax, Jan 23, 2016.

1. ksny15

ksny15 Member

I'll take a guy who is a walking triple double over a shooter any day. Oh Westbrook actually plays defense too. Curry benefits from playing on the best team in the NBA.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

If I wanted to build a championship team to win this season, I would still take Lebron #1 overall.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol @ this. curry is as close as unarguable than anyone in the league at this point. and he proves it night after night. Whether people like you want to admit it or not its the truth

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

and so wb benefits from playing with KD

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Walking triple double who shoots 30 times to score 30 pts, WB can play defense but at the end of the day he's still a midget who do you think plays better defense, Ariza or WB? A point guard's main duty is to generate points, defense, rebs etc. all these are nice bonuses but other positions can do that way better. If WB was so amazing why did OKC not even make the playoffs the year KD went down? It was his one chance to prove to everyone he wasn't KD's b**** and he failed miserably, Harden lead an even worse Rockets team to the 8th seed WB can't even do that and they actually lost more games when he scored 40+ pts because he's an inefficient ball hog.

GSW is the best team in the NBA because Curry plays there, it's not the other way around. I like WB as a player because he always plays with swag and intensity but the reality is he is like Maria Sharapova of the NBA, he is all flash no substance, hero ball looks so nice to watch but when it comes to actually winning games he is inferior to people like Curry and Harden.

6. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

I'd take the Lebron who is willing to be coached by whoever the GM wants.

I wouldn't take the Lebron who only wants to be coached by Mark Jackson.

Being "coachable" is such an underrated aspect of these players. I'd take Curry over Lebron, because you can actually build a system around Curry, and guess what, Curry will commit to it 100%. Lebron, not so much.

7. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Don't the Spurs and the Warriors tell everyone a simple concept? Basketball is a team game, it doesn't matter who can score more 1on1, because that's not how the game are played.

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

lmao, i cant rep :(

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

LMAO.

10. theangrycanary

I actually think curry is underrated.

Here is why.

When I watch him play I always get the feeling that he is on a 'hot streak'. And everyone else does too. When he shoots from the logo or dribbles through three guys and lays it up off the ceiling. When he tosses a pass behind the back...

you always get the feeling that he's having a good night or on some kind of temporary abberation from the norm. you know... he'll come back to the mean. All that stuff. Any day... any week... he'll return to normal.

But it's starting to become clear... that this is his actual mean! His AVERAGE is other nba players playing OUT OF THEIR MIND!

It's like... what if he continues playing like this for the next five years? The thought is almost incomprehensible because in your gut you're like... no way. His 'hot streak' has gotta cool off sometime. But we have to face it.

If he gets any better... he will actually break the nba.

Two things can break the nba. A really athletic eight foot player. And someone who can just shoot the ball in from anywhere at any time.

Just my opinion though.

11. Juxtaposed Jolt

What...the heck are you on about?

You don't mind it if your PG doesn't play defense, as long as he gets you, what, points? You literally said "A point guard's main duty is to generate points, defense, rebs," but you're also countering the fact that defense is important to PG play because PGs are midgets? And then you compare two different positions when talking about a stat? That's like saying Duncan is a better PF than Curry because Duncan rebounds the ball more.

If "failing miserably" means getting your team to a 45-37 record while playing in the stacked WC (all of the playoff teams besides the 8th seeded Pellies had 50+ wins) and missing out on the playoffs by one game while not having Durant, then by all means, Westbrook failed miserably. But you're making it seem like Westbrook was complete garbage and that the Thunder, that year, were the bottom feeders of the West.

Lastly, if you don't think Harden has never resorted to heroball, you'd be wrong. Plain and simple.

12. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I think a 7 foot point guard would break the NBA as well.

13. BackdoorHarden

Curry ain't even that good.

He gets a lot of illegal screen that doesn't get called. I think they called about 8 illegals screen tonight against the Spurs. But there were 50 illegals screen they didn't call.

If he played on the Rockets, he would look like Pat Bev.

He's just lucky he play on the Warriors where they set 20 illegal screens for him each play

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Did that Harden2Capela dude come back with another account??

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Curry is excellent at team ball, he's a leader and plays with passion.. every night

people are hypocrites, they would easily trade harden for him

same as the fools back in the day saying crap about Lebron

16. BackdoorHarden

He's just lucky he gets a lot of illegal screen and his teammates set 50 screens for him.

If Harden had the same teammate and get the same call, same screens, Harden would get 50 points a game

17. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Curry is GSW system.

Dude is shooting 50% while attempting 11 3s a game including some of thosr 3s would have any other player benched immediately.

18. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Lol, that's what I was thinking.

19. apollo33

apollo33 Member

wtf, no he wouldn't

but Curry wouldn't be as good playing for Houston either, doesn't change the fact that Harden can't even use those illegal screens to get as many points.

20. BackdoorHarden

Exactly. Curry ain't even that good while Mark Jackson was his coach.

Any other coach would bench Curry for taking 30 ft shots against 1 on 3.

Curry is a system player and he has coaching and teammate that made him great. Put him on the Rockets, he would look like Harden. 40% shooting, 5 turnovers every game.

he's the luckiest player in the NBA. Harden would kill Curry one on one.