1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Curry to Harden:"All Year Dawg, You pushed me"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, May 28, 2015.

1. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

If you define talent as natural/God-given/Born ability, then Curry is most definitely not on he same talent level as the likes of Lebron and Durant. In fact Curry is not that talented at all. He is, however, very skillful.

He isn't particular big, strong or athletic. So that means his talent is particularly one of a kind. To be honest, this is why he is SO popular. Every can see themselves playing like curry with a bit of hard work and practice. Curry is very skillful. He's a skillful shooter with amazing form and quick release. He is skillful with his floaters too. He has worked hard to be the player he is and hasn't coasted along on natural talent.

One thing is for sure, with not as much God-given abilities, his ceiling must not be much higher than it is right no. The likes of AD, Wiggins and Jabari could eclipse him very easily if they put in the hard work. They are just naturally more talented. That-being-said, he can have a very long career (assuming those glass ankles don't return). Should he win multiple titles, he could be the guard version of Tim Duncan. Gets by on fundamentals and can keep doing so at an old age.

2. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Fixed

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Man, you sound like those people who say the Rockets won only because Jordan was not there.

4. andersongo

andersongo Member

Curry is the GOAT at one of the most important skill in basketball which is shooting the ball. I don't see AD, Wiggins and Jabari eclipsing him that easily unless they show all-time dominance in another facet of the game.

5. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Interested in seeing the harden/curry rivalry for the next 5+ years.

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

stephen curry: 8
    james harden: 1

7. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Your wrong about lebron he's absolutely the hardest player to game plan for. Curry is great but I really don't get the sense that I'm watching a player that will go down as a top 20 player all time. He's speacial but put in harden shoes I don't think the rocket win more than 50 games. He can be neutralized but with that talent around him it makes it damn near impossible to double him like teams can do against harden and lebron. Sometimes physical gifts are needed and curry is just not that.

Is he a first team all NBA performer? Absolutely is he worthy of the mvp? That's up for debate but he was the best player on a historically great team so I can't be mad at the voters. Is he the best player in the league? A big NO!!!!! KD lebron and harden imo are the 3 best players in the game and from a talent standpoint there on a different level than curry. KD mvp season blows currys away lebron is a career 27 7 and 7 guy and harden at 25 is a 27 7 and 6 guy with 60% true shooting 4 years running.

Harden and lebron are the only two players you can put on any team and win 50 games because of their ability to score and pass effeciently. It's rare and I know it's hardn to think now but we're very lucky to have harden who is a gym rat and adds to his game every year. I expect harden to win mvp next year and deserve it even more than this year. He's a trancendent player and getting better at 25 the sky's the limit for him. As soon as he develops a post game and the rockets get another playmaker his game will take off to highs we never seen before it will make his game so much easier and more efficient. I really hope KD cole to Houston because him and harden could win 3-5 runs in a row their games are Taylor made for each other harden could still handle the rocks all Game but KD would still get as many touches as he needs. Harden better start recruiting now because KD is leaving okc next year without a doubt just hope he picks his best friend over his hometown.

8. hooroo

hooroo Member

Trust fund kid thinks so

9. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

Look at the shooting percentages... Curry is extremely efficient and also a better team player that involves everyone and doesn't stop the flow of the team with too much ISO ball.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

In the last two years he was a Top 6-11 player for sure and was a known shooter.

I do not know what triggered GSW to be the best team this season.

Other than the emergence of Klay and Draymond.

And I am just not seeing what he does this year any different than what he did last or 2 years ago.

People do not give any credit to Steve Kerr..... because they were not that good under Jackson. Period.

I do not see hardly any Steve Kerr threads other than mocking Steve Kerr because he said Harden is not the MVP.

11. PJ86

PJ86 Member

Curry is cool but I just don't like the mouthguard

12. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

You made some good points.. but without Curry being 6'3 he would not be as great as he is. Even with hard work and practice it takes a combination of skill and talent to shoot the ball as well as Curry does. He's able to square his shoulders and feet while being off balanced and still make impossible 3pt shots from areas of the court mere mortals would only be capable of making if only they were in a video game.

I agree, barring major injuries to his ankles, Curry has a long career ahead of him. I really liked watching him when he first came in the league but he's definitely honed his craft since playing along side Monta Ellis. I don't believe Curry would have won the MVP if Ellis were sharing the backcourt.

Let's not start comparing Curry to Jabari+Wiggins just yet, they've got PLENTY to prove before you can start comparing them to established players in the league. (AD on the other hand is a different story)

Anyways, I hope Harden and Dwight take this offseason to improve their games. Maybe Harden will realize he needs to play off the ball more and perhaps Dwight will be healthy again in preparation for next year.

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Curry is what Harden could have been if concentrated more on basketball and less on the strip clubs.

Curry is the slightly better player and proved it these playoffs. Deserved MVP

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

He's always flopping from the slightest push.

15. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Obviously a better shooter but I don't think he's the creator that Harden is. The Rockets had no one else on offense that could create shots. Warriors had several options other than curry that could create on offense. Yes Thompson is a catch and shoot scorer but moving off ball and getting open is creating too. Most of our guys can't curl off a screen, catch the ball and shoot effectively.

16. bejezuz

bejezuz Contributing Member

Or knees. Or back. Or elbow. Or wrist.

I think Curry is an amazing shooter and player today. But the guy's game is predicated on using his speed and his slim frame to slip his defender and get open.

How does the guy get better as he ages? He isn't a traditional point guard playmaker, and I've never seen a player go from being a scoring point to Chris Paul or Jason Kidd during their NBA career. You either develop that court vision and passing touch early or you don't.

So, what's left to improve upon? Strength? Well, adding muscle pretty much negates his second best advantage of speed. That's why I think that Curry's window to be great is very small. He's not going to be the player he is today at age 30. He just doesn't have the frame or skill set to improve his game once his athleticism starts to wane.

17. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Point guards have great longevity like stockton, nash, cassell, price

The crafty smart and great shooters can play for a long time

18. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Curry will go down as the the greatest shooter ever. I'm proud of our guy pushing the greatest shooter ever to new lengths. People need to start giving their respect out to Curry.

19. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if harden responded in kind, would he then address stephenie as 'b****'?

20. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Who knows what harden says
    It's like the ending of lost in translation