1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Current Steph Curry or prime Dwyane Wade?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by jacoby, Jul 29, 2017.

?

Who was better?

1. Dwyane Wade

52 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. Stephen Curry

32 vote(s)
    38.1%
  1. Phreak3

Phreak3 Contributing Member

Little off topic, but I really wonder which Curry will show up next season , 15-16 Curry or 16-17 Curry.

He struggled a lot this past season, maybe because of Durant or maybe because of age. It's hard to tell.

His level of play is the biggest unknown... and is really going to determine how beatable they are.

2. RocketDream

RocketDream Member

Age? He was 28-29 last season (turned 29 in March). He's right in the middle of his prime. He and Durant were figuring out how to play together and even his teammates and coach were saying he was deferring too much to Durant to make him feel comfortable in the offense.

They figured it out, as the playoffs showed. I doubt he'll ever reach his 15-16 raw stats again, with Durant, but he's still the same guy, IMO.

3. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

I think you'll see the Curry you saw in the playoffs. No need for him to go 15-16 again. As always, health will be the most important factor.

4. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

People saying Wade dropped off. He has still averaged 20ppg the last 3 seasons.

5. rm365

rm365 Contributing Member

I do agree Wade got way too many ticky tack foul calls as Curry does now.

In 2006 Wade got 2017 Curry calls.

6. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Wade in a landslide

7. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Curry is the ultimate system player in GSW, and also a strong beneficiary of the current era. He gets a lot of props because he is often seen as the player who started this 3-point era If this argument is made, then he is more "influential" to the NBA than Wade, who did not usher in a new era (Wade is basically a lesser Jordan).

Anyway, that above argument is what makes Curry "look" good enough to be compared to Wade.
    If you take both in a bubble and forget the system/team they played in, Prime Wade was clearly the better player. He carried a team to a title (Yes, Shaw was still good at that time, but not the #1 guy... Wade hit the clutch shots).

Honestly, had Ray Allen been in his prime right now, I'm not sure if we'd be calling Curry the best shooter of all time. I think with current analytics, and the way teams play, Ray would have developed his 3-point shot even further. To think that Ray is the 2nd best shooter of all time without the benefit of the Bucks, Sonics or Celtics pushing for 3 pointers at every opportunity.

8. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Ray himself has said Curry is the best shooter of all time. Ray might have extended his range, but I doubt he would have been able to incorporate the off-the-dribble element into his game. That's what sets Curry apart from other shooters.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  9. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You guys are borderline insane as is this poll

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  10. BackdoorHarden

WHAT???

Wade goes to the line 10 times a game
    Curry goes to the line 4 times a game

WADE IS BETTER Than Curry in everything. Wade gets to the line twice as much as Curry because he's better than Curry