1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Culture Map] Jeremy Lin unchained: NBA discrimination could finally end with recent run

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J-Wolf, Apr 11, 2013.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Care to name a few?

2. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

Wow, so many Lin haters on CF, most notably sirbaihu and flamingdts. When objectivity goes out the windows, like with the above two clowns, I really can't take what they say seriously.

Fact of the matter is Lin played significant minutes the last several games, many of which both Harden and Parsons were not in, and the rockets have gone 5-1. He played a significant part in the Rockets' wins, and any moron who doesn't see that is a troll.

1 person likes this.
  3. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

You misunderstood me, Lin is the biggest reason the Rockets are 5-1 in that stretch and no other roster change had much contribution. In fact, Lin is the biggest reason the Rockets are in the playoffs, had Ballhog Harden not been on this team the Rockets would have at least 50 wins.

Anyone who doesn't see that Lin is the reason the Rockets made the playoffs is a troll, and seeing as you only gave credit to Lin for the 5-1 stretch, you are an obvious Lin hater, have no objectivity, is a Knicks fan, a Raymond Felton supporter, hates human rights, and a troll.

1 person likes this.
  4. Ethernet

Ethernet Member

:eek:MY NAME IS FLAMINGDTS AND I HAVE THE MENTAL CAPACITY OF A 5 YEAR OLD AND I HAVE NO LIFE. I ENJOY TROLLING THE BOARD BY ATTEMPTING TO BE SARCASTIC AND FUNNY BUT FAILING MISERABLY.

Yes, flamingmoron, we all ONLY gave Lin credit for the rockets being where they are and for the rockets going 5-1. Keep telling yourself that in your mommy's basement.

1 person likes this.
  5. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

What has Lin ever done to you to make you want to make his fans look bad?

6. rayrocket

rayrocket Member

Come on, can we talk about this TEAM rather than any individual player?

7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I don't think it's potential mistreatment as much as a need to glorify their hero.

To us Lin is just another Rocket and most of us aren't too worried about Lin so long as he is playing well. The star is Harden, and Lin & Parsons are his side-kicks. But I think that's not good enough for some I suspect.

8. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That comment made me think of this

[​IMG]

I'm betting it's even more grandiose and epic to Lin fanatics.

9. aesthetics80

aesthetics80 Member

Disagree with this.

Some LOFs are pretty annoying and take it too far but the majority just want him to get fair treatment. How many other starting PGs got benched regularly for their backup this season, and in crunch time? Parsons regularly plays 40+ minutes no matter how terrible he's playing yet Lin is lucky to even see 30 minutes some games whether he plays good or bad.

Most like me are simply happy with a solid sub pattern/rotation and a consistent 35 minutes, much like the last few games.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I love how people whine behind the principle of fairness when Lin is averaging 32 minutes a game despite all talk of his early season recovery from surgery and him looking winded at the end of back to backs during the midseason. Of course if he starts getting injuries, then it's McFail overplaying his hand and breaking Lin down out of sheer stupidity.

And who replaces Parsons that offer his skillset in passing, driving and shooting? Our team doesn't have many guys like that, but hey we can ask Murry to pull one out of his dleague butt and replace the chump. That's what the NBA's planning for Lin, I'm absolutely sure about that. Beverly has no talent at all!

11. SugarLandDream8

12. SugarLandDream8

By the way the main reason Lin has been getting mins lately is because he made the remark about "being allergic to the 4th quarter" to the press. Lin is a good guy but he needs to speak out for himself sometimes. You know other NBA players would complain more for being benched for inferior players all season long (Douglas, Beverley).