1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CUFI: Inside the Most Insanely Pro-Israel Meeting You Could Ever Attend

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by houstonhoya, Jul 24, 2014.

1. houstonhoya

houstonhoya Contributing Member

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2014/07/christians_united_for_israel_the_most_insanely_pro_israel_conference_of.html

Any of you pro-Israel apocalyptic loons attend? Lookin at you bigotedtexx aroundtheisrael and tallanvor

1 person likes this.
  2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm just happy to see that this forum always lives up to its description.

3. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

I hate to be the thread police but there are 6 other threads discussing Israel/Jewish - Palestinian/Muslim relations on the D&D front page that are full of unbiased and logical opinions. Nice article though.

4. houstonhoya

Discuss and debate with me then, what do you think of John Hagee and CUFI?

5. houstonhoya

None of them address CUFI or Hagee ya please refrain from being the thread police

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I was referring to the "Monkeys flinging poo at each other" description.

1 person likes this.
  7. Bob Barker 007

What is there to discuss? It is a pro-Israel meeting. Does that shock you for some reason? Regardless of whether or not you agree with these people, you have to admit there is nothing wrong with them assembling freely.

8. houstonhoya

It shocks me that the state of Israel, the homeland of the nation of the Jews, would take money and political support from a man who believes that TWO THIRDS of all Jews will be instantly KILLED and the remaining third will be salvaged with the rest of the 'true Christians'...

Yea that's pretty shocking friend. Hagee is a raving lunatic who's actually an anti-Semite.

9. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

I think two things. First, it demonstrates how much lobbying and influence supporters of Israel have on American policy and media coverage towards Israel and really why the American government is in favor of anything Israel does. Second, it shows how freaking nuts they are with all the kooky messianic stuff.

10. houstonhoya

The description of this thread is the title of the Slate article by Dave Weigel, the article I am sharing. C'mon Mitch

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Meh. The most pro-Israel group in the most pro-Israel country in the world. A huge portion of Israelis are probably weirded out by just how creepily pro-Israel these people are. What do you expect? It's no more crazy than if you found the most pro-Nazi group in Germany right now, or if you listened to the supporters of ISIS speaking to each other.

Not representative of anything useful. Tell me what's happening with the majority of the population and the difference between their desires and the desires of corporate/political interests. Tell me what Israelis are thinking about this bloodshed - btw, you will find more compassion for the bloodshed inside Israel than you will find in a CUFI meeting.

Just sad to observe how supporters of bloodshed on all sides get so rich from the bloodshed to the point where, even when they're a tiny minority, they can infect the organic political process massively.

12. houstonhoya

How is it not representative of anything useful? A huge voting block in this country, the one that financially and militarily supports israel unconditionally, buys the propaganda fed to them by the likes of Hagee.

Some estimates suggest there are some 70 million Christian Zionists in the US today. This is quite concerning, especially when considering that a huge segment of the group are Texan Evangelicals.