1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cuban screwed Morey? Oh how I hate Cuban now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by queazie, Jul 22, 2014.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Cuban screwed himself... again. Dirk is getting older and when Parsons is your best player, you suck.

2. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Cuban is angry his move backfired on him, now Dallas is out of the mix when it comes to getting the next big free agent, & if they don't make some major noise next season Dirk will be miffed at getting stiffed the extra cash he should've earned...that Max contract that Morey offered will be in the back of his mind now.

Cuban can eat the head.

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Exactly. The post-signing press responses from both Morey and Cuban could be seen as a victory lap.

Unfortunately, it's the nature of the game as other teams rip pages from Morey's public playbook and become just as ruthless as he is.

If Bosh had signed with us, Miami would've had two huge gaping holes instead of one.

Morey and the Rockets would not shed a tear from that.

My guess would be that Morey gets a lot of credit for popularizing analytics and has become the spokesman for bringing it to the NBA. If you check out those Sloan Conferences, Cubes always has to put in a response like "we've been doing that with the Mavs way back" or some chip that his team had been doing it before Morey became Rockets GM.

Which is true, but if you keep it your own little secret advantage, you're not going to get notoriety for spreading and influencing a growing sports movement.

The other public moment was post-Dwightmare 2. Twitter exchange and all, where Dallas totally got snubbed and looked small and insignificant and somehow Houston came from nowhere and ruined any excuse or justification Cubes made to break up that championship team. The Mavs got jobbed in FA twice in a row and meanwhile Morey looked like he was on top of the offseason.

What I like to know is the dirt behind is Pubes trying to steal Gerson Rosas by making him GM only for Rosas to come back to the Rockets flock less than half a season later. That's the bigger douche move that goes unmentioned where he probably gave Rosas figurehead roles while trying to steal trade secrets.

Carl breaks from clever gay innuendo to deliberately gay metaphor. Solid analogy though.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Cuban got our 2nd round draft pick for 15 million a year. We got an NBA champion who plays defense for 8.

Ariza > Parsons (but only if you believe defense matters and looks/being white doesn't)

5. BeardSanity

BeardSanity Member

Lmao...too good

6. Roxoff

Roxoff Member

Who's got the over/under on how long Cuban keeps a grudge over Dwight?

We fired a nuke at him, and he returned fire with a mortar.
    Pathetic.

7. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

I still hate Cuban, but some of his points are valid. Chemistry and culture are important.

8. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Cuban by his own admission likes to take jabs at his rivals. If anything, the fact that he's trying to get a rise out of Morey should be a compliment - it means he's intimidated by what Morey is doing with the Rockets.

9. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

So Cuban tries to paint the Rockets in a negative light for looking at all their players as assets...when he's been forthcoming about the fact that he would have treated Dwight Howard the same way. Never mind the fact that Dwight is an actual superstar that absolutely should be treated as a foundational piece if you're lucky enough for him to choose your team. This big fat hypocrite really needs to be knocked off his high horse.
    [rquoter]Let me address here the inevitable question of Dwight vs Mavs culture. We saw it as somewhat of a risk, but felt like because Dwight by all appearances and checking we did, is a good guy and with our support systems we believed we could make it work. if not, he was obviously a very trade-able asset.

http://blogmaverick.com/2013/08/03/lets-talk-mavs-mffl/
    [/rquoter]

1 person likes this.
  10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Logic isn't a human element, anymore than maths or physics are, they're universal truths. Understanding some or all of something doesn't give us ownership of them.

Of course we were going to look at the possibility of trading Parsons eventually, it's not exactly a secret that Durant's closest friend in the nba is Harden and plays the same position. Even if Durant chose another team, Morey would need to be looking at ways to actually trade him lest he be left with "well I want to play for you, but you can't afford me". Dallas? Well they just signed the best free agent they'll get in years.

#90 Aleron, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Nash has had it out for us for awhile. He is just trying to overcome winners remorse.

12. pass_to_Hakeem

In the end Morey wins!! Morey creeps into Cuban's dreams at night and pulls his trousers down and unloads a giant, nasty Parsons right on top of his nose.

13. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

If i were Chandler, i would rather play with Pat Bev instead of lazy as Raymond Felton because I know for a fact that he will play his heart out on that court. I hope he looked at the starting lineup in Big D before he signed that contract. His team was not relevant until 2012. I have lived in the Bay Area and I remember Baron Davis dunking on a Dallas Maverick on a historical night. An 8 against a 1. Good luck Marky Mark.

14. c1utchfan925

c1utchfan925 Contributing Member

I don't get it, Cuban is trying to rub it into Morey's face that he took a key part of the Rockets' team from the last few years. Resigning Parsons to a max contract was not going to make this team better UNLESS we signed Melo or Bosh. We didn't sign either so it was better off we didn't cripple our cap space to retain a player who doesn't push us over the edge.

We needed more defense in the lineup so the Ariza signing makes perfect sense. I would've only resigned Parsons to a 8-10 million yearly contract. Even then it wouldn't have made our team better.. Yeah Mark Cuban took our player but he's going to have to definitely pay for his services. No way does Parsons or Hayward make max money if they weren't restricted free agents. I hope the best for Parsons, the Mavericks as a team or Mark Cuban however , I hope they don't make any more playoffs while Dirk is there.

15. Raven

Raven Member

Cutting off your nose to spite your face.

16. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This sums up Cuban, perfectly. The Mavs and Rockets and every NBA team sees players as assets. Some may try to paint their organizations as family, but that family schtick is reserved for all-time great players -- who don't require much sacrifice to commit to.

Cuban is a salesman. The Mavs were very by the book in overpaying on a guy like Parsons, which the Mavs had to do since the organization keeps getting snubbed by free agents of note. They made a by-the-numbers play and are hoping it pans out. With the pending salary cap bump AND the fact that Dirk's career is coming to a close, overpaying Parsons is a low risk-high reward move.

Cuban is doing what he does best: which is be a douche AND put some marketing polish on his moves. That he gets to poke a rival with a pointy stick is just icing on the cake for him.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Good catch, man....effin pathetic

18. queazie

queazie Member

You, redhotrox, are a legend. I salute you, sir :grin:

19. conquistador#11

It seems like cuban took advantage of maury's scarlet letter A(assets) when in reality, all players can and will get traded, even hakeem.

We all saw this cold war escalating between the two since 2 seasons ago. while these 2 nations go at it, san antonio has taken 90% texas and the world. =/
    I'm over with chandler leaving. Will miss him but the happy memories will always be in my heart. time heals all.

20. omgTHEpotential

This.