1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cuban screwed Morey? Oh how I hate Cuban now

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by queazie, Jul 22, 2014.

1. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I have to be totally honest...This information totally reeks of impropriety...

Why would anyone assume that Bosh wouldnt come to Houston if James left?? This is exactly what Cuban states...in fact he stated he wanted to make the Rockets situation as hard as possible that if Bosh didnt come, the Rockets would have to decide on flexibility or [fixed core of Dwight Harden and Parsons]...

But throughout the league it was expected that the Rockets would get Bosh if James left. Period. Infact, Bosh mentions that very fact. Max dollars, and a chance to play for a title with a trio of Howard, Harden and himself(plus Parsons ofcourse). And then comes the oddest play of all...Miami goes all out on retaining Bosh. Infact, if James stayed, James and Wade would have looked for Bosh to take a paycut. Bosh wasnt even the #3 priority for the Heat(Lebron, Melo, and Wade were before him). But isnt it curious that this very team who totally ignored Bosh, then went ape ish and dropped the biggest bomb of all...Why would Miami even do that? Without Lebron this team has zero chance to win the title. So why handicap a franchise with a massive contract???

However, if the goal of preventing the formation of a superteam...then someone called someone else. The Rockets and Morey had all in the info out in public...and it was certain that he would nab his third superstar. Cuban was hell bent on preventing this at all cost. He poached on Parsons...but it wouldnt be past him to make that call to Arison as well...Call this "reaching"/tin foil ...but i bet you this thought process has some weight in the Houston front office. Bosh was coming to Houston once James said bye...But funny things happened that 11th hour.

2. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Morey screwed himself. He leaves the door wide open with our players when it comes to free agency. He thinks he's a genius and I don't see it. All I see is his ego and self imposed narcissistic rules. Houston is a big city that's bound to bring stars in regardless. Go to Utah, Milwaukee, ... then we can talk. We will be in mediocrity till he's gone. That's the truth

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

Cuban, after a bad move: We made a tough decision and it didn't work out.
    Cuban, after a bad move: I really expected to make the finals again without Tyson.
    Cuban, after a bad move: No comment.
    etc.

Cuban, after a questionable move that the media praises: I win! I win! I'm so much smarter than Daryl Morey!

:rolleyes:

We'll see whose team is looking up at whose in the final standings.

4. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Cuban was gonna spin the situation regardless. If we matched, he would have been bragging all the same, "Ha! We F-ed up your salary cap!"

He's basically Vince McMahon, just saying things as an instigator. He'll troll anyone that matters more than him, and right now that's what his Mavs are: trollin the NBA. They won't win anything after until Dirk leaves and they tear it down for a couple more years.

5. tanviraman

tanviraman Contributing Member

That's not true, I honestly think that the public, media, and the Rockets had it all wrong. I think this had less to do with Cuban and more to do with Pat Riley aka Tywin Lannister if you watch Game of Thrones. Bosh was never going to come here because he was always Pat Riley's backup plan. He low balled him thinking if Lebron came back they could get him at a discount. In retrospect we may have had a slightly better chance if Lebron stayed in Miami, but I doubt that as well. Because ultimately the two parties would have agreed on something. What the Rockets underestimated, which they should not have, is Riley would never allow his team to go from championship contender to lottery if he had the opportuny to avoid that. Rockets should have signed Kyle Lowry right away which was plan D but the only full proof plan in place.

6. DreamRoxCoogFan

revisionist history- Cuban is trying to convince his fans that they got one over on us. I really believe that behind closed doors and in their heart of hearts, the Mavs organization is pissed that we didn't match.

Cuban knew that we were going to match no matter what with Bosh on board, so he wanted to stick the bill with the Rockets if he could. The Mavs had good talks in place to sign Stephenson and other key players to build a roster. Dirk took a paycut for someone on Melo's level to join the Mavs and they missed. Then they tried to screw the Rockets over by making us pay a lot of money and they missed again. Finally, they tried to polish their turd by feigning enthusiasm, something that Dallas is used to doing (see: Dallas Cowboys). All we did was call their bluff, and now they have to live with the consequences.

People want to make the comparison that Parsons could mirror Harden's stardom by being given more offensive opportunities, but the comparisons aren't congruent. James was a 6th man who excelled in limited minutes. Parsons has been a starter for 3 years. By all means, he could still become a star, but it's less likely. The Mavs are just trying to cover up their mess.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

8. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Cuban is a big douche bag. Watch this **** come back and bite him in the butt. He only did this because Howard picked the Rockets over his squad.

Good job Cuban

[​IMG]

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Cuban killed 4 birds with one stone. 1, Parsons has talent. 2, Parsons sells tickets. 3, Parsons recruits and makes the team more appealing. 4. He made Morey eat his word as usual.

10. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Mark Cuban: "we overpaid to get Chandler Parsons without thinking about the future"

Morey: "ok, cool, enjoy"

11. m0lson

m0lson Member

lol don't get butthurt over cuban. remember that "poison pill" we put in the 3rd year of Lins contract so they Knicks couldn't match? Same ****. its just business

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he courted Dwight and Carmelo with the SOLE purpose of disparaging the Rockets. At least that was the rumor from Dwight when he signed with us. Cuban knew he had no shot with either. He just wanted the opportunity to give them a presentation about why Houston sucks.

Cuban can rot for all I care.

13. sabesque

sabesque Member

1. Max contract talent is questionable
    2. As the highest payed player on the mavs also questionable
    3. With the mavs not having cap flexibility: not likely
    4. Nope.

14. queazie

queazie Member

Sorry my bad.

Source: From DallasNews.com
    Link: http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/da...ckets-logic-to-help-land-chandler-parsons.ece

I agree with the notion that Cuban used Parsons to try and mess Houston up, but failed. I applaud Morey for not taking the bait. Signing Ariza now looks so sweeeeet!

15. queazie

queazie Member

1 person likes this.
  16. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

You know, I'd like to know what possesses you to be a ****ing ******* at times. Cuban didn't draft Nowitski- that was Donnie Nelson's deal to get him from Milwaukee- without Dirk, there is no championship. Without Drexler- which was all Les Alexander's deal (and not a totally popular move, BTW), there is no 2nd championship for us. If you're so tired about the Rockets doing things like trading Pat Patterson and such, why do you even post on here? At least do all of us a favor and change your user name- you give Carl Herrera, one of my all-time favorite Rockets, a bad name.

17. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

lol @ how insecure all of y'all are

18. cyntil8ing

cyntil8ing Member

19. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

Damn he destroyed Daryl Morey in a few words. Painful but 100% truth

20. GoRox2013

GoRox2013 Member

The Mavs have a better overall roster than we do