1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cuban: Happy April Fools

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Oski2005, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Tuesday, April 1

Cuban gets into shoving match with phony official

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Associated Press

DALLAS -- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban pulled an April Fools' gag during a timeout in the second quarter of Tuesday night's game against the New Orleans Hornets, getting into a shoving match with a phony game official.

Cuban, heavily fined last season for his complaints about officiating, went onto the court during the stoppage in play and began arguing with a man dressed as a game official.

Cuban began shoving the man and was restrained by one of the team's equipment managers before it became apparent that the incident had been staged.

The real officials chuckled at Cuban's antics.

http://espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0401/1532575.html

2. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

Hahaha, it was actually pretty funny, there is a video of it on that ESPN link. :D

3. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

LOL, that's some funny stuff. I wish we had an owner like that.:D

4. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Did Del Harris really not know what was going on? If so, his reaction is too funny, he looked like he was going to have a heart attack.

5. cson

cson Contributing Member

wish we has a team like that...[grumble, grumble]...

6. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

I saw that last night...:D

Classic...

7. Desert Scar

Desert Scar Contributing Member

You know I would like Cuban if he showed any respect for other players and teams. I understand being a homer and be biased, and I would expect nothing less from an owner--but you can still be respectful of others.

Still funny stunt, and Cuban is the kind of open wallet, ethusiastic-but letting his brass in the know make the big decisions-- owner you want for your team.