1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

CSN

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by The Beard, May 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rockets1994

Rockets1994 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/luckiexstar">@luckiexstar</a> Leila's contract is not among those the buyer will keep, I am sorry to say.</p>&mdash; David Barron (@dfbarron) <a href="https://twitter.com/dfbarron/status/512074143391420416">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Umm. He meant the channel content will have less coverage.

Get ready to see some Jimmy Houston fishing trips, and that guy that's spray painting the bottom of a boat that has a screen door cut in.

Right after a game on Monday night football vs the Jets, they came on the air and reported from MetLife. They had outstanding coverage of the cushing injury, and player reports from the tunnel. They also had the studio show with analysis. We never got anything like that with FSSW/FSH. And to top it off, FSH was the official partner of the Texans, and they didn't give us crap.

3. Classic

Classic Member

What a shame.

I really liked the CSN programming.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>It's been fun, Houston. Thanks for welcoming me the way you did. Couldn't be prouder of what <a href="https://twitter.com/CSNHouston">@CSNHouston</a> accomplished in two years.</p>&mdash; Dave Zangaro (@DZangaro) <a href="https://twitter.com/DZangaro/status/512088001355059200">September 17, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

5. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Kinda pissing me off that people who do a damn good job at their job had to be let go because someone above them thought a few million more was not enough.

6. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Probable format for the new Roots channel:

5 minute Eschenfelder pregame show in some barren nondescript studio; they'll probably find a cheap office space in the South Side or Greenspoint area

Astros/Rockets Game (maybe in 360p who knows)

5 minute Eschenfelder postgame show

rest of channel is infomercials, paid programming, maybe some Dallas sports crap

7. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Watching SNC right now. This is basically ESPN Houston. Watching Texans coverage.

can't wait to watch this all day now.

[​IMG]

8. thesonofsam

thesonofsam Member

CSN was actually a really good channel for local sports. Sad to see it go but the silver lining is I can get rid of Comcast now.

9. J.R.

J.R. Member

[rQUOTEr]Among those whose contracts are not being retained by AT&T/DirecTV, according to court documents, include reporters and anchors Tiffany Blackmon, Steve Bunin, Howard Chen, Bill Doleman, Sara Eckert, Cory Hepola, Kelli Johnson, John Kelly, James Palmer, Marius Payton, Leila Rahimi and Sebastian Salazar.[/rQUOTEr]

10. rocketsfeeva

rocketsfeeva Member

Imma miss my boy Howard Chen.

11. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Dropping the Dynamo is baffling. Their games would only make the channel more robust.

12. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Agreed. Very strange.

13. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Leila Rahimi and Sara Eckert will need some consoling.

14. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

They're losing their jobs, unfortunately, because the thing was doomed from the start. Comcast literally brought back 1 offer for consideration...and that 1 offer was one the judge said that they were right to reject.

CSNHouston was the big battle in an even bigger war over RSN's. Same battle is being played out in LA right now, where most of that city can't see their first place Dodgers.

It sucks for these people. I'm hopeful they'll all find work soon. Barron seemed to be saying in his tweets last night that there was some thought NBC sports would pick them up and put them in roles at different spots around the country.

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

It's a shame they're not renewing the Southland Conference contract, but oh well. I think they only showed 2 SHSU games in 2 years.

16. Nero

Nero Member

The thing which infuriates me is the fact that NONE of the people responsible for this fiasco will ever be held accountable, or in fact feel any shame about their reprehensible actions over the course of the last two years.

Crane, Alexander and whatever cockroach from Comcast all owe all of these people a personal apology. They should ALL receive extremely generous severance packages as part of that apology.

SHAME SHAME SHAME ON YOU, ALEXANDER AND CRANE. YOUR GREED AND INCOMPETENCE HAS NOT ONLY RUINED ENTIRE SPORTS SEASONS FOR MILLIONS OF FANS, YOU HAVE NOW RUINED LIVES.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Why don't they just cancel the whole network and just let the Astros and rockets go to FSN?

18. MadMax

preferable to reorganize..to find a way to take care of some of the creditors.

If this reorganization plan doesn't work, then an effective "cancellation" is probably next..it's called liquidation. And at that point, the Astros and Rockets would be free to negotiate with ATT/DirecTV or FSN or whoever.

19. DaChamp

DaChamp Member

Max, when would this point be reached? In other words, if Comcast objects and the plan is not confirmed, does it immediately go into cancellation, or does the process open up to alternative plans, etc?

20. MadMax

That's a good question. I THINK Comcast has already been given a period of time to come up with a competing plan for reorganization. I don't think they have an alternative...I think they're simply saying they don't think this plan with ATT/DirecTV will work.

At this point it seems to me Comcast is most concerned with getting back as much of the $100 million loan it made to CSN-Houston as possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.