1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cruising Westheimer in the 80's

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by body slam, Feb 21, 2018.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

Lot of old dudes on Clutchfans.

RasaqBoi and DudeWah like this.
  2. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember at some point on MTV there was some contest they were having and Martha Quinn was talking about part of the prize including a limo to take you around and cruise 'heimer. There was a lot of talk about it I heard from friends older brothers etc. By the time I was of age, it was hyped but probably played out by that time.

3. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

So what y'all's is trying to say is that it was basically a "Dazed & Confused" remake towards the late 80s early 90s setting in Texas. Gotcha....

4. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

I remember being near the curve at westheimer where daiquiri factory later sat near montrose.

Maybe 87ish
    Good to hear the houston stories .i miss club some

[​IMG]
    thats a name I havent heard in a long long time.

Hwy6 to tollway westheimer was a street racing. Totally different than 'cruising'

Op you might be thinking richmond strip. That was the only other cruising spot.

we could write a book about it. No one would read it. It wasnt THAT cool but you did kinda have to be there.

My personal shout out was to senoritas which sparked some life into rice village. It was where woodrows is now.

Anyone remember surfside sallys?

5. Buck Turgidson

Speedy's on Long Point. You could get liquored up and play bumpercars. We did that often.

Roscoe Arbuckle likes this.
  6. Buck Turgidson

Us privileged whiteboys called yall SPiX.

HATED YA. My Junior year of FB, it's a ~tie game at St. Pius. This is for the district championship. Late in the 4Q, they're backed up on 3rd down...

As soon as the ball is snapped, a handoff up the middle...BOOM...all the stadium lights go out. The kid is running wild and we can't see a damn thing. Didn't help that they had black jerseys.

The refs let it stand. 90 yard TD. We lost by 4. Assholes.

Don't get me started on Awty or Northwest Academy or Episcopal or Kinkaid or.....

7. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Couldn’t have been while I was there, our football team was no good from 1973 - 1976. Then they got good starting in 1977 when Kubiak was a sophomore.

8. Buck Turgidson

Oh hell no I'm not that old.

bobrek likes this.
  9. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

I grew up through my elementary school years in a house off of Bingle at Long Point during the 50's.

10. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Two Pesos

11. CometsWin

That one on Kirkwood?

12. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep

CometsWin likes this.
  13. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Oh heck yeah! After a long time, they perma-banned one of my friends. We could never figure out why he was the only one who was banned. Speedy's was great fun.

14. CometsWin

We used to get sloshed and do the racing at Celebration Station on 59. Played it straight until the last lap and then we'd start crashing into people.

15. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Was your friend black?

16. rimbaud

rimbaud Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We got kicked out of there more than once. One time told we were never riding there again. Many pre, during, and post drinking times there in high school.

FranchiseBlade and CometsWin like this.
  17. Roscoe Arbuckle

I lived in The Swiss Village on Westheimer in 90-91. A lot of times we would just drink over there until 2:00 a.m. and then drive up and down Westheimer. My friend had this uncanny ability to spot hot girls in cars at night. So many interesting times. We picked up a slew of women simply using that strategy.

18. Roscoe Arbuckle

We found out this trick there where for 20 bucks per person (I think we only needed 10) they would let you do the bumper cars for free from midnight-2:00 and then all video games and pool were free until 5:00 a.m. And they let you bring in your own kegs.

Good times...

19. CometsWin

Chrysler Lebaron convertibles, always hot chicks.

20. Roscoe Arbuckle

Hmm. That was my Dad's car. No, when we were cruisin' Westheimer I was doing it in Moses Malone's Porsche 928.