1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crow Thread Part II: Yao Ming

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by silentfan, Feb 12, 2004.

1. silentfan

silentfan Member

Ok, I'll be the first to admit I've been pretty hard on yao ming the past few weeks. I said he played like a p*ssy, would never be dominant, didn't have the mental toughness to play hard, couldn't rebound, etc etc etc.

Well, I have to give Yao more respect now, he's definitely earned it. I can't remember the last time someone outplayed Shaq--and YES he did outplay Shaq. How many buckets did he score with Shaq guarding him? 9 or 10? How many buckets did Shaq score over Yao? 3 or 4. Who won the game? Who fouled out? Ok then, let's move on....

Yao proved that he can play with the "big boys" in the league. What is not certain though, is if he's gonna "bring it" every night. I now know he can "bang" and he doesn't back down even to the "MDE" so that counts for something. However, Yao is still a horrible rebounder I'm not going to go back on that just yet till he starts pulling them down like he means it. Other than that, Yao definitely gets more respect from me from here on out, that is, unless he reverts to his girlish ways again. Even then, I won't question his ability, i'll just b**** about his desire.

2. silentfan

silentfan Member

Nobody else wants to eat some crow about Yao Ming? Comon, I know there' s more of you out there lurking. =)

3. rvpals

rvpals Member

Takes a man to admit he's wrong.

4. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Where is Juugie when you need him? :)

5. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

Shouldn't we wait for like a string of similar games first? I mean, the jury is still out on Francis.

6. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

sweet and sour crow is best way to eat it!!!

7. Monique

Monique Member

LOL man you such a loser..you actually criticize YAo..man shut up we all know you the biggest yao ming fan in here..stop being an idiot.

8. Blatz

Blatz Contributing Member

No kidding.

9. Monique

Monique Member

10. haven

haven Member

Eh... it's becoming pretty apparent that Yao will abuse any team that single-teams him. It doesn't always happen - but it has consistently enough this season to believe that Yao is "for real" when he's single teamed.

I think there does exist a question as to whether or not he'll ever be able to cope well with double teams. Better entry passers would improve things, but part of its him.

But that's not the exception you made - I don't think we need "similar games." I think we need great games against double teams.

11. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Cato also fits in heavily with the double teaming, the teams that have been fronting, sagging and doubling Yao are usually those with athletic, smaller, faster PFs, which Cato usually struggles with on D but also they have free reign to leave Kelvin to double and disrupt Yao

interestingly the big gun teams in the west don't do that much doubling of Yao with the fast small PFs

12. topfive

topfive CF OG

If it's Sheryl Crow, count me in.

13. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

No, of course not. This way we can eat crow every game because when Yao sucks in a game we'll have crow eaters and when he plays well, we'll have crow eaters. The whole BBS will be one big crow eatin' party all season long.

14. prlen

prlen Member

haha:D
    So someone ought to be named Dr of Crow.
    haha

15. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

I don't think amny people here have ever doubted Yao's ability; it's his heart and will that are questionable.

If Yao Ming paired his skill sets with Allen Iverson's intensity the Rockets would wind up with Championship TOE rings.

But until Yao Ming "the cowardly lion" believes in his own roars, the jury is out him as far as I'm concerned (in regards to the superstar status suddenly afforded Yao Ming after his recent matchup with Shaquille O'Neil).

16. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. Pass 1st shoot 2nd

Pass 1st shoot 2nd Contributing Member

Sir Jackie,

It was either that or call him a p***y[-cat]. Nevertheless, I respecy your " :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: " smilie-remarks.

P1st, S2nd

18. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

silentfan, no need to eat crow. You were right. Yao WAS playing soft. So, when he starts playing aggressive, then he deserves the praise. When he starts playing soft again, he deserves the criticism.

It's about give and take. Yao has to earn it. He's not "supposed" to get praise if plays soft. It doesn't work that way. This goes for any player on the Rockets.

#18 DavidS, Feb 13, 2004
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2004
  19. DavidS

DavidS Contributing Member

:D

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

So how is it cowardly to outscore, outrebound and foul out Shaq, the most brutal force in the game today?

How is it cowardly to slam the ball in the basket while this bully hacks you?