1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Critical Analysis of Rockets 3pt shooting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Kim, Oct 9, 2006.

1. MONON

MONON Member

Agreed. I was really impressed with Kim's post with the exception of Lue. We had him for a while, but he didn't do to well while he was here. Maybe he didn't get enough minutes since Sura was doing so well.

2. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Mark my words!

3. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

I may be blind, what could you tell me where did you get all this info? I remember there was a link somewhere, but now I can't find it.

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

www.nba.com/hotzones
    www.nba.com/statistics
    espn.com/nba

These posts take a while. I'm actually seriously going to try to have a career in basketball operations when I get out of college this year. I know the Knicks and Rockets both have internships for young guys wanting to be in the business...but I don't know. I'd love to be an international scout and I already have a lot of living around the world experience. Maybe I can work for synergy sports or something. I really believe in my analysis skills, and reading a lot of posters on this board have contributed to my growth in that area throughout the years. I just really love watching games on a whole other level nowadays and explain stuff to my friends.

So yeah, the original post takes a few hours to make. This one http://bbs.clutchfans.com/showthread.php?t=118361&page=1 took a lot longer because of all the charts I had to make. I had to take stats from various lists and then organize my on set. If I was a great programmer, I could probably write something that could create the list faster than I do by physically sorting it, but oh well.

And boy didn't the team look good in their first game? That 1st team defense looked great. I'm so looking forward to them shutting down teams this year.

As for the offense, Go Rafer! He hit his only trey and it was from the Elbow :) . Battier took 2 incredibily uncharacteristic treys. He took 2 from the elbows and missed them of course. I mean, yeah he was open, but the shot clock still had time both times....Battier is terrible from the elbows, and he should know that.

Novak was great as expected. But we can't expect this guy to play 30 minutes a game. He will have an impact, but no more impact than any other strong bench player. As I stated before, a huge part of the Rockets' success this season will totally depend on whether Rafer, T-Mac, and Luther can hit that elbow 3 with consistency.

5. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

Go for it Kim !! :) :)