1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Credit Report

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by hitman21, Nov 3, 2006.

1. hitman21

hitman21 Member

Which site is the best to get a credit report. Is there a charge/fee? Thnx.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

if you're a Texas resident, i believe you're entitled to one free credit report each year.

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Stay away from "free credit report dot com" that you hear so much about. Nothing free about it.

I go to www.truecredit.com. You can get reports from all 3 bureaus along with your credit score for $35. I do it about once a year just to make sure there's nothing funky going on.

4. Fatty FatBastard

www.annualcreditreport.com

Heard about this site on the Dave Ramsey show. It is totally free.

But the credit bureaus are still asses, so make sure when you go on that you click only on the free reports. One jackass credit bureau wanted an acct. # on a past due account that I hadn't dealt with in over 7 years to obtain my report. That was total bullsh*t.

5. RocketMan Tex

RocketMan Tex Contributing Member

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for that link, Fatty. I just checked mine out. No disputes, no bad info, everything is in order. I will forward that link to some friends.

6. Dookie Sandwich

thanks alot for that link fat b*stard. so i have some questions after viewing my credit reports. i have a few negative reports on my record but two have been paid off yet they are still shown on my record but as paid how does that affect my credit report or score? the last one that i have will be paid off in januarsy will that help? i have two credit card that are in good standing and they each have 300 limits but both account are pretty full i think 280 on one and 230 on the other would paying thes eoff then paying them off every mnoth i use them help my score any? bythe way my score is about an average of 600 on my reports

7. Yonkers

Yonkers Contributing Member

The bad score will stay with you for 7 years though the older they are the less weight they have. If it's a mistake, however, you can contact the creditors and have them remove it.
    If you want better credit call your credit company and ask them to increase your limit. Your credit score will be better if more people trust you with more money. Don't use that extra limit though because a high revolving balance will hurt your FICO.
    I don't think paying off at the end of each month matters. I pay my credit card off at the end of each month but the last time I checked my FICO, one of the reasons they gave me was that I had a $6000 balance on one of my credit cards. I pay it off each month but at the specific moment they checked that was the balance.

8. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Both Dave Ramsey and Clark Howard tout that site. Apparently, you can set it up so that you get your free report from one of the major bureaus every four months or so and you can monitor it.