1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    EAST FINALS GAME 4 -- can the Pacers avoid being swept? Join us as we watch the NBA playoffs together...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Credit question

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by goophers, Nov 13, 2003.

Tags:
  1. goophers

goophers Member

I am thinking about getting a car and am not sure exactly how I should pay for it. I have had credit cards, but that is the extent of my credit history. Is it worth paying the origination fees and interest in order to build my credit? Or should I just go ahead and pay for the car all at once? Or should I put down a big (say, 50%) down payment and take out the rest as a loan?

Do I still get the good credit rating if I take out a loan, and then pay off the whole thing within 6 months?

Thanks so much for any help!

2. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

That's a good question.

Save your money in an interest bearing account. Put down as much as you can and choose the lowest interest rate possible.

You don't have to go more than a few years to establish a good credit rating. As long as you pay on time.

Good luck:)