1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crazy Prediction OKC fire Brooks hire Jackson

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by srrono, May 2, 2013.

1. srrono

srrono Member

If the Rockets beat OKC would OKC fire C Scott Brooks to hire C Phil Jackson. Phil can walk into another ready made team to go after another ring.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

OKC will fire Brooks if they lose to the Rockets...

3. srrono

srrono Member

There are rumors Jackson wants to come back to coaching (Raptors) if OKC is open its got to be a match made perfect for Phil.

4. Scolandry

Scolandry Member

Jackson doesn't want to coach the Raptors. He wants a front office position where he has all of the decision making abilities like Pat Riley does for Miami. There's no way he coaches again, he just wont be able to do it cause of his health.

1 person likes this.
  5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

From what I've read, I think he would coach, but only for a contending team in an appealing city. He'd be a GM/President anywhere that would take him I imagine.

6. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

Thought rumors were Jackson would get a President job in Toronto, not coaching

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I think that goes without saying. The Westbrook injury is no excuse. Not when you're up 3-0(and have a double-digit lead in Game 4) and the Rockets have been without their starting point guard just as much and also lost Delfino for most of Game 5(and quite possibly longer).

8. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

It's Oklahoma. It's about as bland and right-wing as America gets. PJ isn't hurting for money or job offers. He won't go there.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Brook's biggest flaw as a coach is not adjusting well enough by TAKING PERKINS OUT of the game when he should and go small.

Now, obviously their front office feels the same about his importance to them winning by trading for him, extending him, and not getting rid of him via trade or amnesty in order to keep Harden so Im not sure its Brook's philosophy here as it is the organization as a whole.

This team could have been stacked with 3 star players for the next 4 or 5 years, but instead chose to stick to on old-school way of approaching NBA basketball by going big when you really are built to be a perimeter oriented basketball team.

Whatever, good for Houston both in this series, and for their future poaching a star player from them at the detriement of this series, their future for winning titles, and Brook's coaching career.

10. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

They won't fire Bonehead even though he makes a boatload of bad decisions and has never gotten the team to play up to their potential. It's should be obvious to everyone their great stats are a result of the individual brilliance of KD and WB. Those two make "basic playground" = an offensive juggernaut. Without WB, their lack of an offensive system is exposed. Even a guy like Brent Barry on NBA TV sees that.

Many think WB is the problem in OKC, but to people who watch them on a regular basis, probably 90% would say it's Bonehead.

If he got fired after the season, I bet no team would hire him as a head coach.

11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

WHen does golden boy Sam Presti start to catch flak for wasting some of their window with Brooks?

12. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

I know it's not everything, but Brooks sounded very amateurish in those micced up timeout moments last night.

13. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

Brooks wasn't the problem last year.

14. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I'd say JVG is a good match, too. He could easily turn that team into the best defense, and, he's great at coaching superstars. Plus, imo, he is underrated at coaching offensive schemes. He's called boring, because his stars were low post players. With OKC, we'd get to see him install a perimeter-In game, plus a fastbreak team with those players.

15. platypus

platypus Member

As far as i remember brooks got outcoached in the finals by Erik spolestra.

16. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Brooks is a great coach. Presti would be an idiot to fire Brooks. Presti is not an idiot.

17. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I doubt Jackson and Presti could coexist, so I think no.

I agree on van Gundy being a good candidate for them, but I don't think they should be in any hurry to get rid of Brooks. Besides, we're still a long shot to pull this one out.

18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Presti is the Teflon Man for assembling the players. He could do no wrong (until the Harden trade). My guess is when OKC fans turn hard on Bonehead, Presti will get flak too.

The lack of respect as a coach Bonehead gets from OKC fans (and sportswriters on my Twitter feed) is almost funny.

19. da_juice

da_juice Member

The whole OKC FO is overrated. Brooks- as you pointed out- isn't too great of a coach and Presti is a pretty mediocre GM.

Yeah, he built a winning team. But when you have consecutive high lottery picks, you better have a good team. Ibaka was a good find, I'll give him that. But drafting Jeff Green was a mistake, as was how he handled the whole Harden thing. The fact that he neglected to plan for everyone's rookie contracts expiring really shows poor management on his part. Any idiot with enough luck and high draft picks can have a high quality roster, but it takes a good GM to truly build a dynasty.

20. conquistador#11

they don't want to pay harden because it would cost some but somehow would be willing to pay the zen master 4 gazillion dollars or whatever phil jackson's price will be. He is not cheap.