1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crane said we could have a new uniform and logo.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by houston#1, Nov 17, 2011.

?

Do we need to change our uniform and logo?

1. Yes, we need a fresh start.

203 vote(s)
    72.8%
  2. No, our current uniform and logo still look great.

76 vote(s)
    27.2%
  1. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Love that look, but I agree with Ender. We need to maintain our own color scheme. The Rangers are blue, white, and gray. I think we need to maintain the red.

2. msn

msn Member

you don't see the orange in those unis? I still love the old navy-and-orange Astros colors. I like the mud-n-blood, too, mind you. But those "new" old colors wouldn't bother me in the least.

As far as grays, doesn't pretty much every team wear grays on the road?

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yes, teams wear gray on the road. the astros currently wear gray on the road. not sure how that became a Ranger exclusive, but I'm sure Nolan was behind it somehow.

4. msn

msn Member

f'n Nolan.

5. rhino17

rhino17 Member

love these

I think the current unis and colors are among the worst in the league

6. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

My main issue with these uniforms is the same issue that I have with the current uniforms, is that we basically lose the orange. I like that Astros use orange as a major color, making them 1 of only 3 teams league wide that use the color (Orioles & Giants).

Now say they were to make those accent lines across the chest say twice as wide for the white and blue ones. Then for the true road uniform, they make the shirt orange and keep the pants gray. Now we would be taking.

7. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

um, where is orange a major color for the astros currently?

8. MadMax

we're not orange now. this is a return to orange. blue as primary..orange as secondary. right now we're black and red. look at our saturday home whites and tell me those hats are orange. they're just a muted red.

9. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

I'm totally in favor of bringing back the H. It never really went away, anyway.

10. TISNF

TISNF Member

I like the Star-H, but I can also appreciate the open star. Both are iconic for the Astros.

When they went to the new scheme in 2000 I wasn't a big fan, but I got used to it. Still not thrilled with the script font and the dark navy (or pinstripes), but it has been around for a while.

I did grow to like the new open star, thus a redesigned open star could work, depending on execution (lighter shade of orange for instance).

Overall, if a redesign were to occur, I'd love to see "HOUSTON" on the road uniforms in a block font, sans serif (or slightly block serif). And some form of the Star-H (would open Star-H work?) would be good.

But an AL team...that still might be too much. :(

11. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

I know that. I pointing out that they went away from orange, and I want them to go back to it and use it for more than than just accents.

12. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Here are larger versions of the unis I posted earlier, you can see the colors better.

White

Blue

Grey

13. msn

msn Member

Good lord, those are beautiful. I LOVE the "H" superimposed on the open star -- bridging the very recent past with the retro past. Beautiful. I love the return to the original Navy and Orange color scheme. I love the Serif, all-caps, "HOUSTON" on the road jersey.

Verrah, verrah nice. That would be a huge win IMO if they'd do that.

14. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

My thoughts exactly. The Blue jays went retro, and they are very cool!

[​IMG]

15. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

A friend of mine GP, from Texans Talk made this. Its no too bad either. I like the solid white look.

[​IMG]

16. msn

msn Member

white caps = eww.

1 person likes this.
  17. msn

msn Member

Good call on the Jays' unis btw; I agree.

18. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

When I first saw those designs, I thought of a slightly modified version of the San Diego Padres' color scheme (minus the camo option, of course!):

[​IMG]

I like the simple, non-distracting design along with the combo of the open star and the old "H."

I think the design can be more clean and timeless than the current iteration (which is meant to be a throwback or vintage, IIRC).

19. Ender120

Ender120 Contributing Member

Didn't notice that the star was open from the small pictures. I like it.

White H on white uniform looks ugly. I'd make it orange, move the logo to the sleeve, go with "Astros" and "Houston" across the chest, and drop the front number.

20. MadMax

i seriously would freak out. i'm not a buyer of jerseys..but i'd buy one of those.