1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Crane said we could have a new uniform and logo.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by houston#1, Nov 17, 2011.

?

Do we need to change our uniform and logo?

1. Yes, we need a fresh start.

203 vote(s)
    72.8%
  2. No, our current uniform and logo still look great.

76 vote(s)
    27.2%
  1. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

Refgal's daughter went to high school with Cosart at Clear Creek. She said he was a nice guy.

2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Seems like it. They were all very gracious.

3. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yeah, I didn't expect the players to show up down there; I managed three pics with son and Cosart, Singleton and Altuve. Orbit, of corse, caused a massive meltdown.

Biggest shocker: Singleton is short and thick; I always assumed his was tall and slender. Talking to some of the management, they said, "Think Bagwell." Done.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I had the same impression regarding Singleton.

Also, Correa was taller and bigger than I thought he'd be. Hard to believe he's 18 years old.

Once again...thanks for pulling some strings to get us in there. My boys couldn't stop talking about meeting the players on the way home.

5. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

Uniforms are okay.
    Lettering kind of unimaginative, but so is the ownership/management of this team.

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

:confused:

The jury's out on Jim Crane, but in terms of management, Jeff Luhnow is as imaginative as you can get.

7. Grape_Swisha281

agreed.

8. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Oh yeah, Correa is tall and solid; I get the ARod comparison. Was Springer down there? I didn't see him. Pretty cool to think the nucleus of the next (hopefully) great Astros team was there. Smart on their part.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I absolutely love the new uniforms. I think they're great. If not the best in the league, they are close to it.

10. DreamRoxCoogFan

I didn't think we needed a change. The new unis are okay I guess. Kinda sums up my feelings about the astros- it doesn't matter what they do these days, because they are completely irrelevant in the Houston landscape.

11. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

I'm liking 'em. The uniforms are simple and clean. Good color combination. Don't like the blue alternates all that much, mainly the rainbow on the sides. Get rid of that and it's fine.

And Orbit....meh.

I guess overall I like the fact that the team has reverted back to the true essence of what makes an Astro, an Astro. The brick red, Junction Jack, cursive font...I loved the look but all very cowboy-ish and Texan. Astros should be more than that...futuristic, forward-thinking, spacey.

12. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

These unis are awesome. All of them. The update to the logo is great. When does the Astros theme for the bbs get updated? I love the new direction. Despite what others say about Crane, I love the excitement he portrays from the Astros

13. nigma2000

nigma2000 Member

All we need now is to move the team back in to the Astrodome and everything will be set.

14. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

[​IMG]

Future of the Astros right here Carlos Correa(12) & George Springer(11)

15. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

Is this "imaginative" enough for some of y'all? geez i think some people will complain over anything.. what kind of uniforms do u expect? this is baseball, classic, clean, and simple is the best.. not over the top crap.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

I know Cosart and his family personally very well and he's a great guy. Seems like a typical Astros/Houston athlete that the fans like, lots of hustle and still humble (more like the early 2000s Astros). However, his younger brother may end up being a better MLB prospect/player.

17. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I personally thought the star uniform from the 90's were the best. Sports uniforms are weird. I thing that the rainbow uniforms were awful, but it seems they are considered cool now days.

18. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Those orange alternates are sharp!

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Eh... no H on the hat, very 90's looking (in terms of lettering and logo).

It fit for the aging Astrodome, which needed an infusion of modern,but won't fit in Minute Maid Park.

The classic/retro look is needed... and the fact that the H is back on the hats is huge. Teams should have their city letter on the hat. Teams that don't are weird.

20. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

I like em for the most part. I also agree with the previous posters who weren't ecstatic about the lettering.

Have an idea. Use the Clutchfans font. Just saying....

Also, the white can go. I'd like some side vertical rainbow striping ala the eary 80's Stros.

Regardless, I'm happy Drayton is gone. These unis are an upgrade. Our farm system is better. Let's see what free agents we target