1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crane said we could have a new uniform and logo.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by houston#1, Nov 17, 2011.

?

Do we need to change our uniform and logo?

1. Yes, we need a fresh start.

203 vote(s)
    72.8%
  2. No, our current uniform and logo still look great.

76 vote(s)
    27.2%
  1. The Law

The Law Member

Is nobody bringing up the biggest news....

ORBIT is back!

2. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Simple, clean, I like it.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

You're late. :p

4. msn

msn Member

I dig it.

5. SuraGotMadHops

It's unclear whether the Sunday jersey is for BP or if it's a second alternate. I'd really like it as an alternate, good shakeup from the regular pattern to wear once a week.

6. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

im just happy the avoided the orange squatcho on the blue hats..

7. Genesis

Genesis Contributing Member

Thanks for SS, uniforms look super clean. That's something i wouldn't mind getting!

8. bmd

bmd Member

It said on the video that it was the jersey for Sunday...

9. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

If this is considered boring, then I wish the rockets had some "boring" uniforms because what they had now are subpar.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

Mets (exact same color scheme). Giants.

11. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i would like to know what qualifies as an exciting uniform... the physical uniforms look so much more nicer than the renderings.. i like them, im not so upset that we dont have a blue road alternate since tghe orange jerseys (whish i was against) actually look veyr nice..

12. Cannonball

My one real gripe is that the lettering is extremely generic. I would have preferred something that's more unique to the team. I know that there are quite a few teams have somewhat generic lettering, but most have touches to them that make them unique to that team. Sometimes generic can be fine for road unis (and this lettering come from the 1965 road unis) and the Yankees, but it's a little too plain Jane for home unis IMO.

I understand they were going for "modern retro" but it just looks dated to me. If they were determined to use historic Astros lettering, I would've preferred a 1965 home uni version, but updated so it's not quite as "cartoon-y" and maybe with the letters spaced closer together. That lettering at least had some character. And then maybe keep the road unis as is. I think the road unis work a little better because the letters are closer together.

13. Cannonball

See, the letters in this pic are the same font but closer together. I think it looks better.

14. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

i think the font on the nameplate might need to be modified someday.. both SPRINGER and SINGLETON looked a bit awkward. the letters seem to go shoulder to shoulder.. what happens when they call up Foltynewicz..

15. bmd

bmd Member

Generic lettering? MLB jerseys can pretty much be broken down into two types of lettering. Either block lettering or script lettering. That's basically it. A bunch of teams have script lettering like the Tigers, Royals, Orioles, White Sox, A's etc. And a bunch of teams have block lettering... especially on away jerseys.

16. Cannonball

Re-read my second sentence. You don't have to go out and do something super novel, but in a generic lettering playoff, the Astros would be the champs.

17. bmd

bmd Member

Better or worse?

[​IMG]

18. bmd

bmd Member

Or below:

[​IMG]

19. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

The below is pretty awesome.

20. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Event was great. Thanks to Hey Now, who pulled some strings and got me and my sons into the Diamond Club. We ended up with some great pictures meeting Justin Maxwell and Jarred Cosart. First time I saw Correa or Springer in person.

Love the new unis. Love the return to the old logo. They handed out a card on the way out that showed all the new unis on one side and on the other side had a picture of the logo that said, "Back for Good." Loved it.