1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crane said we could have a new uniform and logo.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by houston#1, Nov 17, 2011.

?

Do we need to change our uniform and logo?

1. Yes, we need a fresh start.

203 vote(s)
    72.8%
  2. No, our current uniform and logo still look great.

76 vote(s)
    27.2%
  1. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I loved afternoon (around 3:00) games against the Cubs. The games would be on as soon as I got home from school.

2. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

3. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

They will only be playing 12-18 additional west coast games a season, and a good chance half of those will be on weekends. That's being way overblown.

4. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

And the 3rd game of each of those series will likely be day games.

5. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Absolutely love this one.

6. msn

msn Member

Another vote for this one.

7. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I kind of thought it was overblown, but then I saw that Nolan Ryan said this:

"I like having them in our division because it gives us another team in our time zone," Ryan said. "We're disadvantaged that way, because so many of our games start at 9 p.m., and it hurts our TV ratings. And if both teams are competitive, I think it will create a good rivalry within the state."

The Rangers have first hand experience and they don't like playing in a West division.

8. what

what Member

I don't know why people act like Drayton made out with a load of cash. This is not a dollar for dollar equivalent. I don't think he lost money, by any means, but inflation can account for a lot of the price hike.

Guess what, the average superstar contract today is over 100 million. Things change.

9. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

This scares me a little cause I do love the current logo and colors. I don't care so much about the pinstripes so if he got rid of that I'd be fine. And if we went to the old '90s logo or the H over the star, I'd be ok if they kept the current colors.

I'd rather they not change at all though. Current logo is just fine.

10. what

what Member

The two unis on the right are what I'd like to see. A simple clean uniform but with the tradmark yellow-gold-rust band done the shoulder.

[​IMG]

11. rrj_gamz

rrj_gamz Contributing Member

great...fck everything up while you're at it...

1 person likes this.
  12. Colt45

Colt45 Member
    Supporting Member

I say blow it all up...name, logo and uni changes.

Re-name 'em the Oilers, change the logo to an oil derrick and change the team colors to Columbia blue, red and white.

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I agree. And make them wear helmets with the logo on the side and blue and red stripes down the middle, instead of baseball caps.

14. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

He has a point. Up until the past few years, the TV ratings for Rangers night games on the West Coast have been pretty dreadful. With the Rangers in contention and winning their division, they have improved some but that's because they have been very good and headed to the World Series the past couple of years.

Success on the field breeds interest and that ain't the Astros. The Astros are at least 5 years away from being sewage so just who does MLB expect to stay up past midnight to watch a 100+ loss team play the A's and Mariners? Especially one that is going to lose a significant part of its fanbase because of the F** job MLB just did to them by forcing this move to the AL and flushing 50 years of NL history down the toilet. Yeah, that's the formula for success alright. :rolleyes:

15. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

yeah, that article was classic. "Welcome, Houston! We're really excited about sharing our competitive disadvantage with you!!"

16. msn

msn Member

so very freaking wrong.

17. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

I believe that Bud Adams owns the trademark not on "Oilers" but on "Houston Oilers". So we can't have a team in any sport with that name.

18. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Stop whining. All I care about is winning. If it means a new logo, unis, and league..so be it.

19. msn

msn Member

nobody forced you to read it, bucko. It's how we feel about our Astros. If you don't like it, you can stop whining about it.

20. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

The thing that I took most out of the article was that if(when) Crane fires wade that he'll go after Andrew Friedman. That would be awesome.