1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Crane said we could have a new uniform and logo.

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by houston#1, Nov 17, 2011.

?

Do we need to change our uniform and logo?

1. Yes, we need a fresh start.

203 vote(s)
    72.8%
  2. No, our current uniform and logo still look great.

76 vote(s)
    27.2%
  1. JunkyardDwg

JunkyardDwg Contributing Member

Looks like a lot of people are gonna get their wish. Not sure what to think until I see it. I have loved the brick red. Maybe it was boring to some, but it definitely wasn't an eyesore like the rainbow colors of old. I guess I wouldn't be averse to an orange/red/blue combo though. And I don't mind them getting rid of the pinstripes at all.

Now if Les can just get his head out of his ass and make some tweaks to the Rockets' unis. Honestly, I have grown tired of the current logo..it never really grew on me like I though it would.

http://blog.chron.com/ultimateastros/2012/02/26/astros-leaning-heavily-toward-new-uniforms-for-2013/

2. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

Totally agree on the brick red. I like those a lot. The pin stripes, not so much.

As for the Rockets. Hate those jerseys.

3. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. RedDynasty

RedDynasty Member

^That logo is SICK

5. NotInMyHouse

NotInMyHouse Contributing Member

I love that logo. Where'd you find that? Might look even better in the old school rainbow colors with blue and orange.

6. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

That logo sucks. It looks like the red star is fondling the black star and those things on the side look like horns. Simplicity is key. Just update the original uniforms from the 60s. They were mostly blue with orange as an accent.

7. Cannonball

An old HS friend posted it on facebook. I'm not sure where he got it of if he made it.

EDIT: It was a friend of his that made it. So a friend of a friend of mine.

#187 Cannonball, Mar 3, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  8. Cannonball

The middle part reminds me of a Star Trek communicator badge and the "horns" remind me of the ring around the Battlestar Galactica shield/badge/whatever. It brings some space sci-fi into the design which is admittedly kind of cheesy but also kind of cool.

9. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

3 people like this.
  10. JunkyardDwg

[​IMG]

No. And not to mention that the stitching on the baseball is running in an "x" pattern, which is all wrong.

I don't like the shoulder stripes on the uniforms either.

11. Creepy Crawl

Creepy Crawl Member

Those are actually pretty cool. The Logo does kind of remind me of the Rangers though, maybe tweak that a bit, and its all good.

12. Cannonball

Not bad. I think the orange looks good on the logo by itself, but looks kind of pale for my tastes on the unis. I'd prefer at little brighter, richer shade. I'm a Philadelphia Flyers fan so I dig an Orange/Black color scheme.

13. msn

msn Member

do not want. (sorry)

14. msn

msn Member

love this. disagree with the guy who said the stitching is in an 'x' pattern (look more closely; the baseball is just positioned differently). About the similarity to the Rangers logo; screw the Rangers. I'd bet the logo would look fine without the exterior circle, though.

15. JunkyardDwg

Ok I can see what you're talking about. But still I think that's a bad angle because on first glance it looks like the lines are intersecting. The ball in the Rangers logo looks better and appears to have more depth and motion.

Up until the last several seasons, the Astros were the definitve team for most Texans. And now we want to emulate the Rangers logo? C'mon we can do better than that. Just keep the H over the star and call it a day if anything.

16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

they're not talking about using that logo on the hat, itself. they're talking about using the original astros logo...star with H over it. to me, anything that brings back that general logo with some mix of orange and blue is Houston Astros baseball, without a doubt.

the rangers don't have a monopoly on circle shaped logos with a baseball in the middle. holy crap, there are quite a few teams that use that.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Only the Rangers use a singular letter right in the middle of it (at least compared to the ones you posted).

18. msn

msn Member

What about the H on the star with the orbiting baseballs (minus the dome)? I always like the orbiting baseballs, especially once we got some guys that could actually hit. :)

19. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

ohhhh..the singular letter!!! :grin:

20. tigereye

tigereye Member

http://brianmctaggart.mlblogs.com/2012/03/31/crane-tours-mets-spring-facility/

Looks like its all but official now...