1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Craig Sager has Leukemia according to son

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sydeffect, Apr 18, 2014.

1. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

watched it last night, good to hear he's going to be ok and should be able to make it back for the NBA opener

2. MONON

MONON Member

Great news. Thanks for sharing JR.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Craig Sager announces his cancer no longer in remission

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I feel like it's a miracle he's held on for this long. Hate cancer so much.

5. abaker28

abaker28 Member

Poor guy (and family). This is the 3rd time now isn't it?

6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

It's a bad disease. 2-year survival is 20% or so. We gotta do better.

7. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

This is beyond disappointing. I feel so badly for Craig. I met him once at a game, well before he was diagnosed, and he shook my hand and said to enjoy the game. He has a light to him that is purely genuine, and I still remember that, along with his awesome choice of clothing.

Just a really cool guy in this field...

Watching that clip kills me because, in some odd way, I feel like some part of his family. When you're diagnosed with this awful thing, and you talk with family, friends and strangers afflicted with the same hell, you feel a BOND to them. It's like this war where you naturally have this connection. Craig seems so strong, and I admire him for that. In comparison, I doubt I have the same tolerance or fight as he does. Man, I sure hope he recovers.

Life can be a cruel,cruel thing. But alas, it's also the greatest gift, even during the most painful of times. Prayers to Craig and his family. Only they know how to manage this...there's no set method. There's prayer, hope, laughter, exercise, wine, bball, walks with your pooch...but it's like you have to leave it up to whomever/whatever makes the call for your rebirth, or sadly, that last dance. I'm learning as I go...

All I've got is one day at a time, or on some days, minute by minute. You give yourself glimpses of hope--that light for the dark--by focusing on the things you love. For me it's my fam, friends, my pooch, wine, my coaching team, Bartelstein/Duffy,my college athletes, reading, and the sun on my face. Oh, and the Rockets. :)

That keeps you going, and I'm betting Craig's family, and his love for the NBA, will help him fight.

++++FCancer

-Pardon the rant.

2 people like this.
  8. i3artow i3aller

Stay strong, Sages.
    [​IMG]

9. BleedsRocketRed

Ugh, ****ty. Unfortunately he's running on borrowed time. I hate cancer

10. EssTooKayTD

EssTooKayTD Contributing Member

OK, two strikes of bad news. Brussels and Sager. :(

11. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

This kills me. :(

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">TNT analyst Craig Sager’s doctor says he has 3–6 months to live <a href="https://t.co/XCr02iFIa8">https://t.co/XCr02iFIa8</a> <a href="https://t.co/NqBvpVtlB4">pic.twitter.com/NqBvpVtlB4</a></p>&mdash; SI NBA (@si_nba) <a href="https://twitter.com/si_nba/status/712383033618403329">March 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Seriously, f**k this ****. No one deserves to battle with cancer that many times. No one.

13. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

F man! What did he do to deserve this?!!

14. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In Real Sports profile, Craig Sager says he's &quot;fighting to the end&quot; after doctors gave him &quot;3-6 months&quot; diagnosis <a href="https://t.co/J725uNfbF9">pic.twitter.com/J725uNfbF9</a></p>&mdash; Ben Golliver (@BenGolliver) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenGolliver/status/712379213618106371">March 22, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Horrible

16. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Heart wrenching, I wish the best for him and his family.

Cancer keeps rising rapidly all around us, its just horrible. Remember to try to do what we can to take a preventive stance against it through healthy lifestyle choices, It won't make cancer extinct but perhaps it will lower the odds :(

17. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Cancer prevalence has been rising, though.

19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

I came here to post condolences, prayers, whatever... and to express my fear for the worst. Then I see this gut wrenching update since I heard the news last night. I lost my father-in-law to lymphoma, so these blood diseases hit extra close to home. Keep fighting Sager, go out on your own terms

1 person likes this.
  20. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

Because people are living longer. The incidence of cancer correlates with increasing age, and the prevalence of cancer will be higher in older populations. There are many cancers that have a glimmer of hope that were once a death sentence, and overall 60-70% of cancers are curable. This is a winnable fight.