1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Craft Beers]What Are You Drinking?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by crose, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

I went to Colorado a couple weeks ago and did a bike and brew tour and copies of this guy were everywhere (they were all super nice though). It was hard to find anything not domestic or non-IPA, that **** is everywhere there.

#121 Xerobull, May 3, 2023
    Last edited: May 3, 2023
    Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

I dislike IPAs.

ArtV and Buck Turgidson like this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

it's cycling, not biking. Biking is what your grandma does

4. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

What about Hazy IPAs? I'm not a huge fan IPA person, but willing drink Hazy's. Some are really good.

Personally I prefer stouts and ambers. Although I don't really drink as much anymore.

5. dmoneybangbang

6. Buck Turgidson

Unless I'm sailing a clipper ship around the Cape of Good Hope to go colonize some **** in Asia, I really don't need a crap-ton of hops in my beer. It's supposed to be *part* of the flavor profile, it's not supposed to *be* the flavor. Because hops taste like ass.

rocketsjudoka and Xerobull like this.
  7. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Wish I would have thought of that line when I was there.

8. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

I'm not a beer snob but my body doesn't take beer as well as it used to. I'm pretty much limited to enjoying this: [​IMG]

9. Buck Turgidson

After my grandparents sold their business and "retired", they bought a Honda Goldwing and, along with another couple, hit every state but Hawaii over the course of a decade or so.

So yes, my grandma was a biker.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

“It’s like: How am I going to show them that I’m smarter than them, if I don’t comment mean stuff.”

that’s btg … lulz.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

In the early 2000’s there seemed to be an arms race among craft brewers to use the most hops and the most different kind of hops. It seemed like many brewers were relying primarily on hops for taste.

Now the big trend seems to be fruity beers and tons of craft beers. I think like the IPA race it’s getting a bit out of hand with so many cloudy fruity beers.

Deckard and Buck Turgidson like this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

For me I like blond ales and wheat beers like Belgian Wit or Saisons. Minnesota is a great brewing state and we’ve got several good local and regional brews.

The microbreweries seemed to have reached a saturation. About 8 years ago the it seemed like in the Twin Cities there was a microbrewery opening once a week. At one point I myself was working on three separate microbreweries. The pandemic wiped out a lot of those and I’m not seeing a lot of new ones open here.

13. Buck Turgidson

The only fruity beer I've ever had that I really liked was a Belgian lambic (don't remember the brewery) at the Gingerman in Rice Village. I'd have one every time I went there.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Idk if Weldwerks sells outside the state (Colorado) but they are absolutely killing it lately, best craft beer in the state right now, bar none. Super unique flavors, but very well made, and super high in alcohol. Any release they have, sounds like something I wanna drink

15. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

If you check a lot of microbrews are doing fruity beers with a wheat base. I’ve seen a lot of things like Mango saisons.