1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

cp3 vs granger

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LandryMegaBeast, Jul 23, 2010.

?

Who would help the rockets more?

1. Chris Paul

166 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. Danny Granger

122 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. spookyoldtree

spookyoldtree Member

vocal leadership is overrated.
    We've got "it's on me". Was that vocal enough for you?

2. kidcave9

kidcave9 Contributing Member

are you high? that's too much. seriously.

This trade will work(tried on trade machine) :

HOU gets: NO gets:
    Okafor Anderson
    Paul Jefferies
    Battier
    J.Hill
    M.Harris
    A.Johnson

New Orleans would get Hill, a prospect, and tons of cap room for the summer since 5/6 are expiring, but then again i'm bias so i wouldn't really know.

Lineup: Backups:
    Paul Brooks
    Martin JT
    Ariza Bud
    Scola PPat
    Ming Okafor

Now: Brooks or Lowry,Hayes,Miller, and even Ariza since he sux--Are expendable to trade for that special Small Forward we all want.

OH well we all can dream :grin:

3. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Sorry, I forgot to finish my reply to LMB. I was going to say:

How is trading Pat not Morey's style? He traded Green before he played a game in a Rockets jersey, and I could see him doing the same with Pat if the right deal came up.

4. kidcave9

stupid formatting meant to say New Orleans gets Anderson,Jefferies,Hill,Battier,Harris,Johnson

and rox get Okafor and Paul :rolleyes:

5. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Id give up Patrick Patterson and Cousins if we had him for Chris Paul and Danny Granger. Either of them or both. I am sure Morey wont have a problem giving up Patrick Patterson either for these two

6. texascityman31

wow!!!! Maybe we can trade lowry for kobe.

7. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

So who is New Orleans backup point guard. They will probably demand AB

8. kidcave9

hey, I gave it shot.

It's hard to exchange about 26 mil

But still I wouldn't want Kobe cause he's an a-hole :)

9. kidcave9

Yea, you could probably work lowry into that but that trade machine wouldn't let me since he barely signed. I don't think they'll want Brooks cause they're trying to develop Collison.

10. LandryMegaBeast

lowrys a good idea.. never thought to use him.. him + ariza + hill + draft picks for Paul... maybe

11. LandryMegaBeast

morey also said pat was number 6 on his list.. plus we need a solid backup in the pf position.. AND pat is young and promising and we really need him

12. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

The trade would have to be more like

Houston Gets - Paul & Okafor

New Orleans Gets - Brooks, Hill, Battier or Ariza, Anderson, Harris, Jeffries and one of the Knicks Picks

Paul/Lowry
    Martin/Taylor
    Battier or Ariza/Chase
    Scola/Okefor/Patterson
    Yao/Miller/Okafor

We could even do

Hou Gets - Paul & Okafor
    New Orleans Gets - Brooks, Hill, Ariza or Battier, Taylor, Anderson, Jeffries and both Knicks picks

Paul/Lowry
    Martin/Chase
    Battier or Ariza/Chase
    Scola/Patteron/Okafor
    Yao/Miller/Okafor

Of course I'd prefer the former but I would do the latter if that was the only way we could get the deal done. Either way we end up having a ridiculous amount of depth even after the trade.

13. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

TBH I don't think NO would take either deal.

Look at what a team like Dallas can offer them in comparison: (off the top of my head)

The expiring contracts of Chandler, Butler, Stevenson and Barea to take on the Salaries of Paul, Posey, AND Okafor along with young, inexpensive talent like Beaubois, Manhimi, Ajinca, AND 2 1st round picks.

They could offer a salary dump, picks to rebuild with, and a bunch of young talent.... pretty much everything a rebuilding team needs.

I just don't think Houston can put together a package than can even compete.

14. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Clearly Paul. He is elite and Granger isn't. My dream is to get them both by giving NO a package not including Brooks, and sending Brooks to Indy. My dreams rarely come true though.

15. Dandamanz

Dandamanz Member

Chris Paul is a better leader than Granger, although not as great of a scorer. We already have Brooks, Yao and Martin (assuming none of them get traded) to do the scoring. Paul can lead the Rockets down the floor, drawing double-teams, leaving guys open to make the open 3. Paul also has USA Basketball experience so my vote goes to him.

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I can't believe this is even close.

-Chris Paul put a PER of 28.39, 30.04, and 23.74 (half- season) in the past 3 years. His TS% is in the upper 50s. For players with a usage rate above 25, he had the #1 TS%.

-He shoots ok on 3, but he's a beast on inside-the-paint shots, ranking with other 7- footers like Pau on frequency and efficieny.

-He also "chips in" over 10 assists, 4 rebounds, and 2 steals per game, for good measure.

Granger is good, don't get me wrong. He's a heck of an offensive player with a good TS% (also high 50s) who can shoot and get to the line. But his PER hovers around 20. He isn't the all-around player and creator Paul is.

17. gmoney411

gmoney411 Member

I disagree. If we want to take on Paul, Posey, and Okafor we can.

Houston Gets - Paul, Posey, & Okafor
    NO Gets - Patterson, Hill, Battier, Brooks, Taylor, Hayes, Jeffries, Anderson, Johnson, Harris and the 2 Knicks picks.

I don't think Dallas can offer a package of young talent that can beat Brooks, Patterson, Taylor, and Hill. Plus the Knicks 2011 and 2012 picks will more than likely be better than the Dallas 2011 & 2012. Also, Patterson is the only player we send NO that has a guaranteed contract for next year. That leaves us with

Paul/Lowry
    Martin/Chase
    Ariza/Posey
    Scola/Okafor
    Yao/Miller

18. PossiblyMaybe

PossiblyMaybe Member

The problem of trading Lowry instead of Brooks for Paul, would be that most likely Brooks would not want to come off the bench, and then demand a trade of his own, leaving us with no backup.

19. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

Granger is so overrated on this board, WOW

20. PossiblyMaybe

PossiblyMaybe Member

Exactly,where did all this love for Granger come from?