1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

cp3 vs granger

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LandryMegaBeast, Jul 23, 2010.

?

Who would help the rockets more?

1. Chris Paul

166 vote(s)
    57.6%
  2. Danny Granger

122 vote(s)
    42.4%
  1. roslolian

roslolian Member

Look, this isn't really up for debate as Paul is a top 3 player while Granger would be lucky to be top 10. Fact is the Pacers won't give Granger up for peanuts, we'd have to give up major pieces to get him. Since we'll be losing major pieces anyway (Brooks in either trade would be 100% included), just get the better player.

2. BoomTown

BoomTown Member

In my opinion CP3 is the way to go. We have plenty of scorers, what we need is legit passer. This team is missing a floor general that can flat out pass the ball, and that is exactly what Paul brings to the table.

Sure Danny Granger is a huge scoring threat from the wing, but he might be shining as a result of playing on a bad team. Chris Paul flourished when the hornets were contending for a championship.

Paul would get shooters such as Budinger, Martin, and Battier tons of open looks while still feeding the ball to Yao. I love Brooks, but i feel like we have enough scoring weapons. We need a pass-first point guard. There would be better ball movement and alot less dead possesions on offense.

3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I only want CP3 on this team if Okafor comes with him. Okafor addresses a bigger need,literally.

I hate the idea of trading the whole damn team for a point guard who is coming off injury.

4. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

Have you seen okafors contract? Taking him would stop me from trading for Paul.

5. da_juice

da_juice Member

Granger would fit better with the offense, but CP3 is a top 10 player.

I'll take Chris Paul, not only because of that, but because I get the added bonus of rubbing it in to my friend who's a hornets fan that we stole him.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

That's the great thing about this potential deal.

The Hornets would love to trade Okafor with Paul and would surely only trade Paul if Okafor can be taken too.

It's perfect really.

7. dropshot001

dropshot001 Member

but if yao is going to be gone after next season (possible), and with his injury problems, okafor is a solid addition.

8. LikeMike

LikeMike Contributing Member

You can build a team around Paul... even though SF is a bigger need, and Granger is a borderline superstar, if there is any chance at all to get Paul you have to go for it! Even if it means giving up Brooks, K-Mart and a 1st rounder...

9. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

We need paul because we need someone who can pass the ball to Yao when he's fronted. Other teams just cancelled out Yao by fronting him before because noone could pass to him. Paul will find a way to feed Yao the ball inside.

10. joesr

joesr Member

Paul is better for sure. Butwhen you compare Paul to Brooks and Granger to Ariza/Battier I think Granger is the major improve for the Rockets.

11. dbigfeet

dbigfeet Member

i am going with tthe guy that can drive and dish to a good mid range shooting center and a good three point shooting shooting guard.

12. treyk3

treyk3 Member

If you put CP3 in the starting 5 while holding on to everyone else in the lineup besides AB0 we become instant contenders.

If we could pull off

Brooks + Expirings + Picks + Hill/Patterson for Paul and Okafor

Then we have to pull the trigger.

Paul / Lowry
    Martin / Taylor
    Ariza / Buddinger
    Scola / Okafor / Hayes
    Yao / Miller

That looks like a team to beat right there and Aaron is my favorite player on the team right now and even I know that you have to pull the trigger on a top 10 talent like Paul.

13. texascityman31

My trade idea involving Paul. Rockets have exactly the assets N.O. wants.

Rockets recieve:

Chris Paul - PG

Emeka Okafor - PF/C

Aaron Gray - C

Hornets recieve:

(young cheap contracts)

Aaron Brooks

Trevor Ariza

Jordan Hill

Patrick Patterson

(expiring contracts)

Shane Battier

Trevor Ariza

(draft picks)

both N.Y. picks

As well as trading Lowry to Cavs for SG/SF Anthony Parker. And trading David Anderson and Jermaine Taylor to Hawks for SF Maurice Evans. Sign PG Chris Quinn on the cheap. Les better be ready to pay some luxury tax.

2010-2011 rockets with minutes per game rotation.

Starters:

PF - Scola (27mpg)

SF - Evans (24mpg)

C - Yao (27mpg)

SG - Martin (35mpg)

PG - Paul (38mpg)

Bench:

PG/SG - Budinger (23mpg)

SG/SF - Parker (24mpg)

PF/C - Okafor (27mpg)

C - Miller (15mpg)

SF/PF - Harris

PG - Quinn

C - Gray

We would still have depth and quality role players.

14. LandryMegaBeast

I don't think the hawks are going to trade anything IMO.. they're pretty content with their roster plus they don't have a use for David Anderson

IMO trading Lowry is counterproductive... And morey won't trade pat .. it's just not his style

15. larenzo

larenzo Member

Lets just go after Demar Derozan. He is an athletic wing and has a whole lot of potential. He played really well in the 2010 summer league.

16. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

One thing that our team has sorely missed is a star who's also a vocal leader on the court. That's why by far, Chris Paul is so valuable and way ahead of Granger.

17. sfayner

sfayner Member

After carefully evaluating this mute debate, it is clear to me that C Paul is the winner. Go with the best player you can get. We really need some more 2 way players.

18. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

Are you guys effing kidding me? Is this poll a joke? How in the holy living hell are the results so close!??? Is it because of Paul's recent injury woes?

When Paul is healthy, he is one of the best players in the world. Probably a top 5 player, and the best PG in the game. The impact he would have DESTROYS that of Granger... And that's no knock on Granger, who I wouldn't mind having in Rockets Red, either, but Paul is the obvious first choice.

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Heres the thing. Of course its Granger we need.

Heres the other thing... Its possible to get Chris Paul and its almost impossible to get Danny Granger 24 to 26 points game when his team has never talked about trading him.

20. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

^^^ Just to add to that, I'm guessing the reason people are picking Granger is because of the strength we have at PG now with Brooks and Lowry, but that doesn't matter. For one, we have pretty good players at the wing spots with Ariza and Martin. Yeah, KMart may be a 1D scorer for the most part, but so is Granger. For another, Paul is just too damn much better for it to matter. Any smart GM knows that with things like this, you look at talent first and position a distant second.

How is trading Morey not his style